Ladies and Gentlemen,
StarBurn 5.8.24 is out. List of changes/fixes/add-ons since last version:
1) Code changed to allow the user to control - would the disc be ejected after unsuccessful burn (as it was before) or would not (manual eject would be required).
2) GrabTrackCooked(...) and GrabTrackRaw(...) changed not to abort execution if fail happens in so-called "suspected gap area" (end of the recorded track).
3) Now amount of time we wait after "buffer underrun" condition happens is user controllable (f.e. network burning now works MUCH faster). No default 5 seconds delay any more.
4) Session-At-Once recording code now reports every track "burn start" and "burn stop" callbacks. Whole process should be more user-friendly and informative.
5) Buffer underrun protection control code rewritten. Some of the morbid devices which pretend they support "JustLink" style protection but need "BURN-Proof" control for it now would work.
6) ReadTrackInfo(...) for DVD+RW and -RAM would report free space on the track to the user.
7) Applied fix to SCSI transport for broken USB devices which raise "semaphore timeout" issue. If device supports buffer underrun (looks like all of them do now) there would be no problem with recording at all.
SPTD transport now differs devices failed to open b/s of sharing violation and just invalid name.
9) p__BOOLEAN__IsFastExit added to ::WaitForReady(...) and ::TestUnitReady(...) methods. Now if device has no disc and device is not in "becoming ready" state there would be no timeout - just fast exit from API call.
10) SCSI_OPCODE_GET_EVENT_NOTIFICATION and supporting wrappers added. Now we can get is the drive open or closed or has it media inserted or not very fast.
11) Session-At-Once code rewritten. Now there would be no delays between tracks recording in SAO so no broken hardware would crash if it does not support "buffer underruns" when the drive is writing track pause or pregap/postgap.
12) DVD speeds determinition code rewritten. Now we do support native DVD speed set/get keeping care of individual device - no generic code any more.
13) StarBurn verificaion code added. Now we're able to verify recorded data content w/o ejecting the disc.
14) Extended tree management code added. Now we can return parent of the currently processed node. No need to trace and parse the whole tree.
15) Track-At-Once recording from PIPE rewritten, fixed and made possible to use with not only data but also audio tracks. Now you can record the content of the data or audio track "on-the-fly".
16) ExecuteGeneric API call added. Now user can execute non-supported SCSI commands over device handle.
17) Basic support for Unicode added. Now we'll provie support for f.e. Russian and Hebrew Unicode names (full Unicode support is coming).
18) UDF and ISO9660 file systems now pass the file creation time keeping track of currently set time zone. No more "jumping" time.
What would be added/fixed to next minor release:
1) MP3 issue with WMP10 and custom MP3 decoders.
2) DAO and CD-Text issue on some of the devices.
3) Full Unicode support.
4) Full Delphi/C++Builder/MSVC samples.
5) CUE/BIN support (not sure yet).