#1 Burning Software

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Suggestion: Abort burn & make image process
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:00 am 

Hello Support,

I am having one suggestion.
1) I was looking for burning and making image of many softwares. I found one thing common in all of them if I am cancelling(aborting) burning or image creation process. All the softwares ejects the drive.
2) My suggestion is why not eject from burn engine (StarBurn) itself it abort is requested. I think if you are calling abort for that process and ejecting the drive in a separate thread then it will improve time required for aborting.
3) I guess it's logical and you can even poll for this suggestion. Many of the developers will poll Yes for this suggestion.
4) One more thing, my close observation is some times we are getting a progress callback after aborting is called, in this case progress is reported as 100 or normal update in progress is reported. It will better to remove event handlers before aborting, it may take a considerable amount of time in case the progress is reported and progress updations are going on and SDK is doing abort in separate thread.
5) Sir, my intention is only to improve this great SDK. Am I clear with my suggestion? I guess there might not be any problem to these updations. :)

Post subject: Re: Suggestion: Abort burn & make image process
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:13 am 
Site Admin

1) You don't really need to eject after grabbing is done (or not). Dunno why say Alcohol does this...

2) Sorry, I did not get the idea... Remove what progress handlers?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:10 am 

Sir,

1) OK, I agree with you about image creation process but what about burn process. So can I expect this to be added in StarBunX?

2) By 'Remove progress handlers' I means when the abort process is started please don't report the progress for completed percentage.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

We're not going to apply any changes as it's going to break the software built on the top of StarBurn.