#1 Burning Software

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Erasing Disc : Performance Issues
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:25 am 

Hello Support,
I am using StarburnX Version 10.0.0.1 (Build 2008-07-14). Using DiscEraser class.

1) Time required for erasing a disc is large compared to other erasing applications.
2) I am erasing a blank rewritable disc it is taking same time, which is required for erasing normal discs having data.
3) Discs are requiring almost the same time in both modes (quick & full). I am using a SONY CD/DVD Writer DRU-820A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:37 am 
Site Admin

As you've provided no logs and no information about what exactly you do(disc type, erase compare times and so on) we can do nothing to help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:45 pm 

Hello Support,

1) I tried to simulate the discussed problem. I checked with different disc types. But after a close observation the problem is occurring only when I am erasing the disc in Quick mode first and then doing Full mode erasing. Is this behavior normal?
2) While erasing DVD –RW. I am getting Divide by Zero error. I tried to erase the same disc with Nero or Explorer (which is internally using Sonic or Roxio) it is erased properly.(But it took 2 minutes to do this).
3) One more thing Sir, if we compare the time required to do Quick erase with Windows Explorer or other burning softwares it is much high (Almost 2 min 39 sec. on a normal machine with DVD +RW disc). Can this time be reduced. If yes then it will be great!!!
4) I am sending the Debug log for the discussed problems.

Thank you in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:36 am 

Did you got the logs? Is problem clear through these Debug logs?

Sir,
May I get the pre-release dlls? Lot of things are reported by me for the previous build as problem, if some of them will be fixed then I will be happy to use those in my application until final release we are not getting.

I am trying to do some work-arounds for the problems but could not fix many of them. Even work-around are having many problems and they take fair amount of time which I can not afford.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:59 pm 

Hello,

We plan to upload new build of StarBurnX on our ftp site tomorrow

Regards,

Dmitry Bortsov

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:27 pm 

Hello,

You can download new build of StarBurnX from our ftp:
link was removed

Note: we have splitted StarBurnX.dll to two files - StarBurnX.dll & StarBurn.dll. So ... now you should distribute these two files with your product. Only StarBurnX.dll should be registered!

Regards,

Dmitry Bortsov

Rocket Division Software

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:33 am 

Hello Support,

Thank you VERY much.
Got the dlls. Checking for all the discussed fixes. Many of them I have checked are fixed.

Once again Thank you, Sir!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:47 am 

In these dlls I found following problems, Will you please have a look.

1) While making ISO image from files and folders from File System using DataBurner.SaveImageFile(...). In Progress, we are getting 2 events at a same time. It is of no use and reducing the performance of Image creation.

2) Suggestion : We can save the current progress in a temporary variable and the new progress can be compared with this value and then only progress can be reported. It will boost up the performance.

3) Once again, Thank you for providing us with updates!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:56 am 

Hello,

Yes, we will change its behaviour

Thanx

Dmitry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:07 am 

Thank you, Sir. :D

One more scenario, it is a bit complicated and is a problem in V10.5 also. Will you please look into the discussed scenario.
1) Suppose, Disc is not inserted in the drive. I am having a button on click of which I am starting ISO image creation.

2) Now I will insert a disc in the drive and then as per the user expectation application should analyze disc and then start image creation.

3) So now the problem in this case is we need to wait until disc is not detected in the drive. So I am calling DiscInfo.Refresh().

4) As I am telling to refresh disc information. So it properly waits until disc is not detected. But further after detection of the disc, I am getting wrong information about disc as follows, a) sometimes I am getting "Disc status as Empty." b) sometimes disc is not detected, "Disc Type is reported as NONE".

So may I get the changed dlls today, so that I can use those in my application?

Post subject: Re: Erasing Disc : Performance Issues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:08 pm 

Hello,

New build will be ready 4/05/2009.

Regards,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:50 am 

Thank you Sir.
Waiting for the build.

Will you please provide us the change log, so that we can check and perform the relative changes in our applications, also since V10.5. Otherwise we have to re-evaluate all the provided functionality again with the build. At least for StarBurnX. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:36 am 

Hello,

Ok :D

Regards ,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:39 pm 

Hello Support,

Is the quick erase time reduced in the newer build?
As per the current build we require 1min 40 sec to quick erase a DVD+RW disc. But for the same erase process Windows Explorer Erase Disc, Alcohol, Nero, Roxio erasing requires 20 sec only.

Why we require this much time? Please can we reduce this time required for erasing? It will great!!!
If we can get help file for the newer build then it will be very helpful for making relative changes. Can you please provide me help, also because I am not clear how to use newer methods like what is IsXA in imageBurner.BurnEx(isTestBurn,IsMDS,IsXA).

Thank you very much!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 am 
Site Admin

All software works in the different ways. We do not only format unit but physically write zeros to file system area to prevent file system recognizer from re-mounting erased volume (sounds sick, yeah?). So there's nothing to fix as nothing is broken.

= thread closed =