#1 Burning Software

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Data Burn Error
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:18 pm 

Hello Support,
I am using StarburnX Version 10.0.0.1 (Build 2008-07-14).

I am Using DataBurner VB.NET sample provided by the StarburnX SDK.
I added some files or folder for burning in dataBurner object in Data Burn. While burning is going on, I removed some of the files and folders from file system. Now the burner object should skip the deleted files or folders & continue burning for the remaining. But in the sample it throws an unhandled exception & stops burning.
The expected thing is that burner object should prompt the user about the deleted objects and it should continue with the remaining files and folders. It should skip deleted files or folders.
Is there any way to implement the above? Your valuable suggestion is always helpful for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:05 pm 

Hello,

Unfortunately the StarBurnX can't continue to burn data if some files (folders) have been removed during burning.
We will add functionality into the StarBurnX that will LOCK added files and folders until burn will complete.

Regards,

Dmitry Bortsov

Rocket Division Software

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:03 am 

I think Skipping non-available files & folders is the best option in this particular issue, if possible.
I think if file or folder are not available for burning then skipping is the best option to do rather than locking those. Because it is not the case that once files are added they are immediately burned to discs until that time file locking is not that logical.
So if files are added and after that before burning they are deleted from file system. Then now with current DataBurner class if file is not found we are getting exception & it is not continuing with burning. Hence I think that before burning checking for availability of files and skipping files which are not available on file system is the best option to do if possible ?

Is it possible to include in StarburnX ? If will be then it's great news for all of us using StarBurnX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:11 am 
Site Admin

That's exactly what we do. Either stop or simply ignore failed item add operation (user-controllable feature).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:56 pm 

I was going through samples you have provided with SDk latest (Dec,01,2008 ) build. In SDK, StarBurn Core=> MS VC++ Sample I added some files and while removing those from file system until I burnt those on disc. It gives error message the file is being used by some process error dialog, which was expected is very true.
But in the same situation, for StaarBurnX Wrapper sample for any DataBurner sample it doesn't gives any error while removing.
I guess in StarBurn Core we are actually locking the files & in StarBurnX wrapper we are not doing so.
It will be great if we could implement the same lock mechanism like StarBurn Core.
Please kindly look into the problem.

Last edited by deepakp on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

OK, we'll make StarBurnX wrapper export "lock" feature to actually lock files during burning. Thanks for pointing!

deepakp wrote:
I was going through samples you have provided with SDk latest (Dec,01,08) build. In SDK, StarBurn Core=> MS VC++ Sample I added some files and while removing those from file system until I burnt those on disc. It gives error message the file is being used by some process error dialog, which was expected is very true.
But in the same situation, for StaarBurnX Wrapper sample for any DataBurner sample it doesn't gives any error while removing.
I guess in StarBurn Core we are actually locking the files & in StarBurnX wrapper we are not doing so.
It will be great if we could implement the same lock mechanism like StarBurn Core.
Please kindly look into the problem.

Post subject: Re: Data Burn Error
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:45 pm 

Yes. This is working.
Thank you, Sir. :)

Post subject: Re: Data Burn Error
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:32 am 
Site Admin

Good! Nice to know you're happy :)