#1 Burning Software

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Consistent failures with a particular drive using SDK
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:40 pm 

Hello. I tried sending an email to support, but I haven't seen any responses, so I thought I'd try posting a message here in case my email didn't get through.

I am having a problem burning to various types of media with one particular drive. This seems to happen consistently when burning a collection of ~150MB of files to disc. This happens with our production software using the 10.0 SDK, and it also happens in our development environment, which is using 10.5. I have log files, but I won't attach them here as requested in a prior forum post. I believe the relevant error is "Method in sequence failed", but I'm sure that's probably a somewhat generic error.

I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I am using SPTD and have the latest (v1.59) 64-bit layer from DuplexSecure installed on my PC. I have two DVD burning devices on this machine. I can burn successfully to one of them consistently with the SDK, but attempts to burn the same data to the other drive fail consistently. The problem drive is identified as "TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A". I have tried multiple different discs (both DVD and CD), and I am also able to burn these same files to this drive manually using other applications with no problems. I have also updated the firmware on the drive in question, but the problem still exists.

I tried installing the StarBurn application software to burn the same data, and it seems to work correctly. I compared the log files generated by both and they appear to be similar in the key areas as far as I can tell. The main difference I see is that the StarBurn application appears to be using V11 of the SDK, which I assume is not yet publicly available.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

Thanks,

Eddie

Post subject: Re: Consistent failures with a particular drive using SDK
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

I've been replying to your e-mail. So did Andrew. Did you get any messages from @rocketdivision.com staff in last few days? Could you please check your spam filter settings as it could be a problem proceeding with your issue here (as we need logs...). Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:34 pm 

I have not received any messages from @rocketdivision.com, except for the one I just received from root@rocketdivision.com notifying me of your post to this forum message. I checked around here, but from what I've been told, the worst case scenario is that I would have received the messages to my inbox with a "JUNK" tag prepended to the subject. I haven't received anything. I will try re-sending my message from another email account.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Please provide alternative e-mail I'll reply to right now. Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:08 pm 

I re-sent my original message using a different email. It's the same as my other email address, except it is @gmail.com.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

Replied. Just in case here's my answer again. Please continue either here or in private (it's up to you).

Dear Eddie,

There are A LOT of issues in your code. At least you allocate 4 megs of cache (device’s hardware minimum) for burning.
Second you keep having buffer underrun protection turned OFF. Third you do run your burning app under Visual Studio
Environment (at least your log has tons of VS messages) and this is definite “no-no” for true (non-test) burning. Keeping in
mind all of these facts the question should be not “why my software does not work on this TOSHIBA drive?” it should be
“why on Earth this code works at least somewhere?” 

Please fix these issues in your source, update to the most recent version of StarBurn SDK and let us know did it help or not.
If not – please issue us with a new log and we’ll be happy to continue.

Thank you!