#1 Burning Software

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: StarBurn OCX - Mono Ogg Vorbis Files
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:24 am 

Good evening

I'm doing a test with a 35-minute audio file converted into several different formats for testing. I've noticed that the StarBurn OCX says that all of the mono Ogg Vorbis files (at various qualities) are not supported.

The stereo Ogg Vorbis files as well as both the stereo and mono MP3 files are supported and burn successfully.

Is this the expected behaviour of the OCX? I just need to know to put it in my own documentation... when I get around to writing it :P

Many thanks
- Shaun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:39 am 

Hello,

Shaun, at the first, we apologize for delay in answering, AudioBurner (as and StarBurn SDK) does not support the mono Vorbis Ogg files!!!

Many Thanx!

Dmitry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:18 pm 

Awesome, thanks for the information. I will update my documentation accordingly.

- Shaun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:33 am 
Site Admin

Unfortunately we cannot re-sample OGG on-the-fly :( At least YET.

shayward wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the information. I will update my documentation accordingly.

- Shaun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:06 am 

Well... in order to burn an audio CD of an Ogg Vorbis file you have to decompress the audio of two stereo tracks.

If decompressing a mono Ogg Vorbis file, couldn't you just make the left and right tracks identical?

Keep in mind that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about since I have never yet learned how audio compression works in practice. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:50 pm 

In theory we can do this. But for now we don't do re-sampling for OGG and WAV. MP3s and WMAs *can* be re-sampled however.

shayward wrote:
Well... in order to burn an audio CD of an Ogg Vorbis file you have to decompress the audio of two stereo tracks.

If decompressing a mono Ogg Vorbis file, couldn't you just make the left and right tracks identical?

Keep in mind that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about since I have never yet learned how audio compression works in practice. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:02 pm 

It's something that would be nice to have but there are many things that would, in my mind, take priority over this - including an updated version of StarBurnX :wink:, which has a fantastic interface but needs to have more of the features of the old OCX and better yet the pure API.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:07 pm 

What features are you looking for?

shayward wrote:
It's something that would be nice to have but there are many things that would, in my mind, take priority over this - including an updated version of StarBurnX :wink:, which has a fantastic interface but needs to have more of the features of the old OCX and better yet the pure API.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:25 pm 

Right now, the Ogg Vorbis support is my big item. I'm still having to use the old OCX.

Huge bonuses would be:
- Controlling the gap length between CD tracks (including removing them entirely)
- Having a single WAV file for the whole audio CD but being able to set track markers wherever I want
- Events for absolutely everything that consumes time (like the StarWave routines)
- Nice log files when using multiple burners simultaneously
- 1-to-1 copy

But if memory serves from my eval of StarBurnX, lack of Ogg Vorbis support was the only thing holding me back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:50 pm 

1) It's already done. Use DAO.

2) No and not even planned.

3) Do not understand... Looks like we have all the progress callbacks.

4) Different logs per thread are under way.

5) No and not even planned.

shayward wrote:
Right now, the Ogg Vorbis support is my big item. I'm still having to use the old OCX.

Huge bonuses would be:
- Controlling the gap length between CD tracks (including removing them entirely)
- Having a single WAV file for the whole audio CD but being able to set track markers wherever I want
- Events for absolutely everything that consumes time (like the StarWave routines)
- Nice log files when using multiple burners simultaneously
- 1-to-1 copy

But if memory serves from my eval of StarBurnX, lack of Ogg Vorbis support was the only thing holding me back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:55 pm 

Awesome, thanks for the info Aaron. I'll have to look for the GAP control in StarBurnX. That's a great help indeed!

The only thing that remains outstanding is the Ogg Vorbis support for StarBurnX. Is there an ETA for the updated version of X? I got the impression that Anton was working on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:15 am 

It's only DLLs were missing from the version you have. It should work right now. Drop us a message to info@rocketdivision.com and we'll issue you with the final build confirmed as working by QA team. Thanks!

shayward wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the info Aaron. I'll have to look for the GAP control in StarBurnX. That's a great help indeed!

The only thing that remains outstanding is the Ogg Vorbis support for StarBurnX. Is there an ETA for the updated version of X? I got the impression that Anton was working on this.