#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Verify in StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_Create callback
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:31 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I have been searching the help files and documentation for this information so if I have missed it please excuse me.

Basically I'm creating a CD (or ISO file) using StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_Create() and I was wondering if it was possible to perform verification on the files that are added during the callback?

I.e. when CallbackNumber == CN_FILE_TREE_PROGRESS_ADD would it be possible to say disallow the addition of that file?

So let's say I wanted to ignore all hidden files, or all files with a certain file extension or file name (like let's say thumbs.db) would this be possible?

Thanks in advance so any hints or tips if there is a better way to perform this verification, but since we use a lot of nested files and folders I like being able to add them in one fell swoop.

markir

Post subject: Re: Verify in StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_Create callback
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:57 am 
Site Admin

No, it's not possible to do this. Until the tree is not "fixated" you cannot read it's content. Just use IsLocked = TRUE and it will be StarBurn taking care of the file being read and locked.

P.S. And PLEASE write to the right group :)

markir wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have been searching the help files and documentation for this information so if I have missed it please excuse me.

Basically I'm creating a CD (or ISO file) using StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_Create() and I was wondering if it was possible to perform verification on the files that are added during the callback?

I.e. when CallbackNumber == CN_FILE_TREE_PROGRESS_ADD would it be possible to say disallow the addition of that file?

So let's say I wanted to ignore all hidden files, or all files with a certain file extension or file name (like let's say thumbs.db) would this be possible?

Thanks in advance so any hints or tips if there is a better way to perform this verification, but since we use a lot of nested files and folders I like being able to add them in one fell swoop.

markir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:15 pm 

Hi Anton,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry the posting into the wrong group.

I'm not sure that I understand your reply, are you saying that there is no way to do this? Or that I should do it in a different manner?

Should I populate the tree first, then search through it for specific files or extensions and then remove those files?

Or do I have to do the processing and validation prior to adding the files to the file tree?

Thanks,

markir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

That's my fault, I did not get the question :(

You can either add files manually (one-by-one) if you have build own file tree or you can use automatic mode adding everything and removing unneeded files after tree built is done. In you case I'd keep a list of the unallowed files (process it in the _ADD callback) and remove them after tree filling is complete :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:05 pm 

Hi Anton,

Thanks for the reply!

So what you are saying is that I should build the tree as I am, but take note of files that I wish to remove in the _ADD callback (CallbackNumber == CN_FILE_TREE_PROGRESS_ADD) and then remove the files once the full tree is built?

Now how should I take note of the files that I need to remove? Since StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_Remove() takes: p__PPVOID__ISO9660JolietFileTreeNode - Pointer to pointer to the ISO9660 or Joliet file tree node object

Is this sent to the callback? Can I trap it there? Or do I have to loop through the created tree?

Sorry for all of the questions but I am relatively new to the SDK and I am still unsure of all the options.

markir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, you need to parse the tree...

It's OK :)

markir wrote:
Hi Anton,

Thanks for the reply!

So what you are saying is that I should build the tree as I am, but take note of files that I wish to remove in the _ADD callback (CallbackNumber == CN_FILE_TREE_PROGRESS_ADD) and then remove the files once the full tree is built?

Now how should I take note of the files that I need to remove? Since StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_Remove() takes: p__PPVOID__ISO9660JolietFileTreeNode - Pointer to pointer to the ISO9660 or Joliet file tree node object

Is this sent to the callback? Can I trap it there? Or do I have to loop through the created tree?

Sorry for all of the questions but I am relatively new to the SDK and I am still unsure of all the options.

markir