#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What about AMD64 ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:54 am 

Hello,

I am using your SDK. Today it turned out that my program could not start on AMD64 :cry:. It seems it is because of your SDK.
When will you support that AMD64 ?

It would be not so bad if program started up but burning disc was not supported.

I used Delphi. I wonder why linking DLL is static ?
It seems if you linked DLL dynamic
(using GetProcAddress function and SDK procedures declared as variables)
, they would not be loaded when program starts and users of AMD64 would be able to work with program except features that is implemented using your SDK.

Of course it would be a temporary solution only. But it would not take so much time?

How do you suggest me to solve it? Maybe you have another DLL for AMD64 ?

Should I wait for new version? But in this case what now?
Please advice.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Post subject: Re: What about AMD64 ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Alex,

we were expecting to release native AMD64 version in September. However things are not so good (quite a lot of used thrid-party code like f.e. WMFSDK and OGG Vorbis SDK do not work flawlessly on AMD64) and now I'm not sure about exact release date... However we'll change Delphi header so the linking to burning engine would not be explicit. No problem! In the way of a workaround (like you've kindly pointed).

Also if you'd say more then just "my program could not start b/s of your library" would be quite nice :) Maybe there is easier way or we'll be able to fix existing code.

BTW, are you compiling native AMD64 application or using "thunked" 32-bit binary on the top of 64-bit OS?

Thanks!

Alex wrote:
Hello,

I am using your SDK. Today it turned out that my program could not start on AMD64 :cry:. It seems it is because of your SDK.
When will you support that AMD64 ?

It would be not so bad if program started up but burning disc was not supported.

I used Delphi. I wonder why linking DLL is static ?
It seems if you linked DLL dynamic
(using GetProcAddress function and SDK procedures declared as variables)
, they would not be loaded when program starts and users of AMD64 would be able to work with program except features that is implemented using your SDK.

Of course it would be a temporary solution only. But it would not take so much time?

How do you suggest me to solve it? Maybe you have another DLL for AMD64 ?

Should I wait for new version? But in this case what now?
Please advice.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Post subject: Oops
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:06 pm 

Quote:
Also if you'd say more then just "my program could not start b/s of your library" would be quite nice Maybe there is easier way or we'll be able to fix existing code.

BTW, are you compiling native AMD64 application or using "thunked" 32-bit binary on the top of 64-bit OS?

Oops. I have compiled 32 bit app using Delphi7. Nothing else. I believed it would work on AMD64....
Will it ? Should I do something with it? How to fix existing code?

Pity but I have no chance to test it as I have no such computer. Probably my program did not work on AMD64 ever before.

If I should fix my code as well, what can I do?

PS. If this is off-topic, please tell me where I can talk about that.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Oops
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

From what I know 32-bit apps should run on AMD64 in "thunking" mode. However we've also only configured AMD64 build enviroment and run the builds. No machines yet :) We'll grab some quite soon and would provide with full 64-bit version. So no problem to worry about.

Alex wrote:
Quote:
Also if you'd say more then just "my program could not start b/s of your library" would be quite nice Maybe there is easier way or we'll be able to fix existing code.

Oops. I have compiled 32 bit app using Delphi7. Nothing else. I believed it would work on AMD64....
Will it ? Should I do something with it? How to fix existing code?

Pity but I have no chance to test it as I have no such computer. Probably my program did not work on AMD64 ever before.

If I should fix my code as well, what can I do?

PS. If this is off-topic, please tell me where I can talk about that.

Thanks.