#1 Burning Software

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Build Errors with Static Lib
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:00 pm 

Hi

I have tried to build a sample in Visual Studio 6 C++, I can build the example when I link to the StarBurn.lib in the \STARBURN SDK\LIB\DYNAMIC\RELEASE\I386

However when I try to link to the lib in the static version of the library I get many errors such as the following:-

StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__vsprintf
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __SEH_epilog
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __SEH_prolog

It there a way to remove these errors? (what am I doing wrong)

Thanks

Matt

Post subject: Re: Build Errors with Static Lib
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

You need to configure your project to use RTL as dynamic one. The one we use in StarBurn.lib (static) would not be compatible with every single C++ compiler you might use. That's why even when you select to link statically to StarBurn you need to have RTL as dynamically linked.

matt.wheatley wrote:
Hi

I have tried to build a sample in Visual Studio 6 C++, I can build the example when I link to the StarBurn.lib in the \STARBURN SDK\LIB\DYNAMIC\RELEASE\I386

However when I try to link to the lib in the static version of the library I get many errors such as the following:-

StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__vsprintf
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __SEH_epilog
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __SEH_prolog

It there a way to remove these errors? (what am I doing wrong)

Thanks

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:29 pm 

Don't suppoes you know how to do that in Visual C++ 6?

Thanks

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:09 am 
Site Admin

I've asked guys to prepare sample VC6 project. If we're still compatible with VC6 (actually nobady checked this for years...) you would get it. Please drop me a message to anton@rocketdivision.com.

matt.wheatley wrote:
Don't suppoes you know how to do that in Visual C++ 6?

Thanks

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:27 am 
Site Admin

Looks like we have bad surprise with Microsoft Media Formats SDK. It's incompatible with VC6 (however they claim they do). So we'll be releasing truncated version of StarBurn (w/o compressed sound support) but with VC6 for static build supported. Hold on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:28 pm 

anton (staff) wrote:
Looks like we have bad surprise with Microsoft Media Formats SDK. It's incompatible with VC6 (however they claim they do). So we'll be releasing truncated version of StarBurn (w/o compressed sound support) but with VC6 for static build supported. Hold on...

Anton,

Do you have a fix for this available? We do not need sound support, as we are only burning data discs and we are using VC6.

Thanks

Michael Kupka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

Not yet.

mkupka wrote:
anton (staff) wrote:

Anton,

Do you have a fix for this available? We do not need sound support, as we are only burning data discs and we are using VC6.

Thanks

Michael Kupka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

OK, we've fixed VC 6.0 static build suppprt. Please drop us a message and we'd give you a link to release candidate for new StarBurn. Thanks!