#1 Burning Software

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: StarBurnX Adding files to audioburner
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:39 am 

Hello, I am using the starburnx AudioBurner vb.net sample to get my head around things. Why does it take so long to add a file to the audio image? Is there any way around this so that It adds quicker? I used to use numedia soft sdk, which never had this step.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:15 am 

Hello,

During the add of audio file we calculate the "play" time of this file ... in fact, we should rapidly play back this audio file :(.

Regards,

Dmitry Bortsov

Rocket Division Software

Post subject: why
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm 

Is there any way to not calculate the play time? Is it required for burning an audio cd?

Thanks
Ben

Post subject: Re: why
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

We need to know exact track duration to comiple CUE sheet or TOC content for DAO. So - no way to proceed AS IS except TAO mode.

Tyrocx wrote:
Is there any way to not calculate the play time? Is it required for burning an audio cd?

Thanks
Ben

Post subject: Re: StarBurnX Adding files to audioburner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:22 pm 

Just wondering: Would it be possible to not only provide StarBurn with the file name, but also with the track duration? I'm using the BASS audio library to perform a couple of tasks on audio files, and this library determines the track length almost instantly. If I were able to pass this information to StarBurn along with the file name, it wouldn't take so long to prepare the audio image.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

I don't consider this one as very important...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:55 pm 

Well, for 22 tracks with 80 minutes total, it takes more than a minute (1:20 on my machine) to add all tracks to the audio image. If that can be reduced to just 5 seconds or even less, it would certainly result in a better user experience. Maybe not important for someone working on the burning library core, but I already found this behaviour to be annoying while testing my implementation with your burning library. BTW, the progress indication isn't great either, since it usually goes like "1.2.3.4.5.100". I'd appreciate if you could consider this improvement for some time in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

Progress should work just fine. If you beleive it's a bug - send us a log.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:07 pm 

Sure, here it is. I added 4 audio (MP3) files.

Attachments:
StarWave.zip [14.28 KiB]
Downloaded 504 times

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

It's StarWave decode log. It has no progress it it. Please grab our console sample DiscAtOnceFromXxx and send us 1) it's console output 2) StarBurn log.
Should be enough to start with...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:39 pm 

Well, I don't know if this helps, because the sample application has no indication of the progress. Maybe it's actually working in the C version. Here are the logs anyway.

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Rocket Division Software\StarBurn SDK V10.5 Tomahawk\Samples\StarBurn Core\C\C_Samples_VS2005\bin\Debug>DiscAtOnceFro
mFileAudioUnicode.exe \\.\D: -test

DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): ENTERed for 3 argument(s)

DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): 160 MBs of cache will be used during burn process
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Probing device name '\\.\D:' for CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD burner device... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Found CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD device 'PLDS    ' - 'DVD+-RW DU-8A2S ' - '4D12' with 2097152 UCHARs of ca
che
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Probing supported write modes... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Track-At-Once: Yes, Session-At-Once: Yes, Disc-At-Once PQ: Yes, Disc-At-Once raw P-W: Yes
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Testing unit ready... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Getting BUP (Buffer Underrun Protection) support... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): BUP (Buffer Underrun Protection) Enabled: Yes, Supported: Yes
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Enabling BUP (Buffer Underrun Protection)... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Setting maximum supported CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD speeds... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Getting current CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD speeds... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Current read speed 1412 KBps (1412 maximum)
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Current write speed 1765 KBps (1765 maximum)
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Reading ATIP information... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): ATIP Start Time of Lead-In: 96:40:5 (MSF), -15145 (LBA)
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): ATIP Last Possible Start Time of Lead-Out: 79:59:74 (MSF), 359849 (LBA)
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Getting track information... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Track blank: Yes, NWA valid: Yes, free LBs 359847, NWA 0, track number 1
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Getting disc information... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Disc erasable: No, Disc status: 0x00, Last session status: 0x00, Disc type: 2
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Last Session Lead-In: 96:40:5 (MSF), -15145 (LBA)
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Last Possible Start Time of Lead-Out: 79:59:74 (MSF), 359849 (LBA)
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Skipping send OPC (Optimum Power Calibration) in test mode... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Writing the stuff (simulating) to the CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD disc >>>
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:Callback(): TARGET_FILE_ANALYZE_BEGIN
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:Callback(): Target file size in UCHARs 36411552, LBs 14874
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:Callback(): TARGET_FILE_ANALYZE_END
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:Callback(): WAIT_CACHE_FULL_BEGIN
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:Callback(): Waiting for cache full not more then 953250 ms... OK!
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:Callback(): WAIT_CACHE_FULL_END
5% 10% 15% 21% 26% 31% 36% 41% 47% 52% 57% 62% 67% 73% 78% 83% 88% 93% 99%
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:Callback(): SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE_BEGIN
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:Callback(): SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE_END
DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): Ejecting the disc... OK!

DiscAtOnceFromFileAudioUnicode:main(): EXITing with success

Attachments:
progress.zip [11.08 KiB]
Downloaded 520 times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

If you mean this:

5% 10% 15% 21% 26% 31% 36% 41% 47% 52% 57% 62% 67% 73% 78% 83% 88% 93% 99%

Then it's 100% OK. We have WriteReportDelayInSeconds variable and it's 2 seconds by default. If you burn
quite small data it could easily happen you'll have more then 1% increment between two progress checks (we
did it not to slow down burning thread with unrequired calculations).

From my experience nearly all of the burning apps do "jumps" when burning small images...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:15 am 

No, I'm not talking about the *burning* progress. I'm referring to the progress of adding a single track to the audio image, that's why I said that I couldn't see it in this sample application.
If you do AddFile() on the audio image, you'll get some progress event for this track. But only 1.2.3...100 or similar.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Oh, sorry, I've misunderstood you :( OK, we'll check this out!