#1 Burning Software

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Unreable freshly burned disk until a restart of the machine
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:49 am 

Hello,

I have an very random issue when burnin media with StarBurn SDK. Often the media is unreadable just after its burnin.
In fact I create an UDF DVD/CD Disk and next the application allows the user to extract what have been burned. If this is done just after the burnin the drive is unreadable through the application or through the windows explorer you need to perform several eject/close tray in order that the media becomes readable or sometimes the restart of the machine is needed.

This can appear with Rewritable media or Writable media.*
One interesting thing that could help debugging this issue is that at the end of the burnin phase I eject the tray, if i Close the tray through the contextual menu of the drive in the Explorer window, the drive is always readable after that...really strange. If close the tray through my application using starburn api failed most of the time.

Do you have already seen this kind of issue ? Do you know what can cause this issue (all pointer are correctly released) so i really don't know what can cause this behavior.

Thanks & Regards,
Flo

Post subject: Re: Unreable freshly burned disk until a restart of the machine
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:07 pm 

F!o wrote:
Hello,

I have an very random issue when burnin media with StarBurn SDK. Often the media is unreadable just after its burnin.
In fact I create an UDF DVD/CD Disk and next the application allows the user to extract what have been burned. If this is done just after the burnin the drive is unreadable through the application or through the windows explorer you need to perform several eject/close tray in order that the media becomes readable or sometimes the restart of the machine is needed.

This can appear with Rewritable media or Writable media.*
One interesting thing that could help debugging this issue is that at the end of the burnin phase I eject the tray, if i Close the tray through the contextual menu of the drive in the Explorer window, the drive is always readable after that...really strange. If close the tray through my application using starburn api failed most of the time.

Do you have already seen this kind of issue ? Do you know what can cause this issue (all pointer are correctly released) so i really don't know what can cause this behavior.

Thanks & Regards,
Flo

Hello,

We'll try to reproduce...
On what windows version this can be reproduced?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:00 am 

Hello,

It can be reproduced on Windows XP, Vista and 7.

To workaround this issue as soon as the media is burnt I call an IOCTL command to load the drive (previously ejected w/ a StarBurn eject command).

If you have an idea I'm really interrested in getting it !

Best Regards,
Flo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

I guess you just use StarBurn in the wrong way (don't do disc finalization and correct eject sequence at the very end to initiate file system re-mount). To be 100% sure we need burn log from you (as usual).