#1 Burning Software

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: StarBurnX takes long time at end of burning process
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:01 am 

Hi,

I have used StarBurnX Databurner and StarBurn SDK Databurner and tested with different DVD writers

_NEC ND-3530A DVD writer & _PLEXTOR PX-716UF DVD writer : For burning 200 MB of data it completes the burn process in 1 minute with progress bar showing 98% but it takes 3 additional minutes to close the session and eject the DVD.

Using same DVD writers we have tested with OCX.Databurner of StarBurn SDK the burn process was complete within 1 minute alongwith closing and ejecting DVD.
:(

Post subject: Re: StarBurnX takes long time at end of burning process
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Are you burning single session DVD? In such a case we do manually write 1GB padding to make it DVD-Video compatible. Make sure you burn with the IsNextSessionAllowed = TRUE. And send us the logs if it will not work.

vesticongroup wrote:
Hi,

I have used StarBurnX Databurner and StarBurn SDK Databurner and tested with different DVD writers

_NEC ND-3530A DVD writer & _PLEXTOR PX-716UF DVD writer : For burning 200 MB of data it completes the burn process in 1 minute with progress bar showing 98% but it takes 3 additional minutes to close the session and eject the DVD.

Using same DVD writers we have tested with OCX.Databurner of StarBurn SDK the burn process was complete within 1 minute alongwith closing and ejecting DVD.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:40 am 

Hi,

Thanks, that was good solution, but this will cause a problem if i want to lock the DVD ....

What should i do to finalize the DVD after burning.

anton (staff) wrote:
Are you burning single session DVD? In such a case we do manually write 1GB padding to make it DVD-Video compatible. Make sure you burn with the IsNextSessionAllowed = TRUE. And send us the logs if it will not work.

vesticongroup wrote:
Hi,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:03 am 

Hi,

If i set NextSessionAllowed = true then is there a way to lock or finalize the DVD disc.....

Please do reply.......

:cry:

vesticongroup wrote:
Hi,

Thanks, that was good solution, but this will cause a problem if i want to lock the DVD ....

What should i do to finalize the DVD after burning.

anton (staff) wrote:

vesticongroup wrote:
Hi,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:13 am 

Hi

In order to finalize ( to lock) the DVD(CD) disc the passed parameter should be - NextSessionAllowed = false!! It will take some time to finalize disc because we use "padding". In the next version (update) of StarBurnX we will switch off the "padding" so the finalization process will be much faster!!

Regards,

Dmitry Bortsov

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:31 am 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

:D

i have a small query here, if i keep NextSessionAllowed = true and dont finalize it then will this DVD or CD work properly with other DVD Burners.....

When would we expect next version of StarBurnX? 8) :roll:

dima (staff) wrote:
Hi

In order to finalize ( to lock) the DVD(CD) disc the passed parameter should be - NextSessionAllowed = false!! It will take some time to finalize disc because we use "padding". In the next version (update) of StarBurnX we will switch off the "padding" so the finalization process will be much faster!!

Regards,

Dmitry Bortsov

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:08 am 
Site Admin

1) Yes.

2) I think this week.

vesticongroup wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

:D

i have a small query here, if i keep NextSessionAllowed = true and dont finalize it then will this DVD or CD work properly with other DVD Burners.....

When would we expect next version of StarBurnX? 8) :roll:

dima (staff) wrote:
Hi

Regards,

Dmitry Bortsov

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:41 am 

Yes it is taking much time to burn a less amount of data.
I am using StarburnX Databurner VB.NET Sample.
The disc burned in DataBurner with AllowMultiSession=True That is Multi Session is not working with another DVD burners with latest version also. Please kindly look into that. Is that a problem ?
When the next version of StarBurnX is releasing we have been waiting so long for a release. Please specify the expected date also.

Waiting for reply.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

It does not matter how much did you burn - close session always takes THE same time and written space. So new release will not help you. Neither will help you moving to the other library - it's hardware limitation. Whole thing was designed this way.

We're not at the position to report you our release dates. We don't know them ourselves...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:25 am 

Hello Sir,
Please do have a look in for all the replies by all users in this topic.

1) For the above discussed topic, Yes still it is taking large amount of time to close session.
2) It is not good that for 35 MB of data I have to wait 2-3 minutes for DVD to burn.
3) As per the posts here, you are saying that you are writing 1GB padding to make it DVD-Video compatible.
4) I agree with you, that's OK. But my question is if you want to make data DVD, DVD-video compatible then why not to obviously check whether added compilation needs this padding. If I am not having a single Video file added compilation, so what is the use of this padding.
5) Let there be option whether to use padding or not.
6) StarBurn Core samples are burning 2457 MB of data in 4-5 minutes and for StarBurnX we require 6-7 minutes out of which last 2 minutes are for closing current session.(These 2 minutes are required after burning progress reaches to 100%) I think this is spoiling overall performance greatly!!!
7) Eventually why the single library has 2 different readings. StarBurn Core don't thinks about DVD-Video Compatability, then StarBurnX is?
8. One more thing, I have gone through whole Help file of V10.5, padding is discussed in DVDVideoBurner, so is it required to think about it in DataBurner.
Please Sir, kindly look into problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

Turning OFF single session mode also effectively turnes padding OFF. There are also ways to disable 1GB padding for single session mode but I don't think you need them. And there are NO ways to speed up disc finalization process as it's hardware issue. It takes amount of time it takes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:54 pm 

Hello Sir,
"Turning OFF single session mode also effectively turnes padding OFF." How to turn of single session mode in StarBurnX?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:01 am 

Hello

1) We always call StarBurn_SetDVDPadding( FALSE ) to disable PADDING for DATA Discs!!

2) DVDVideo burner has property "Padding" ( which is FALSE by default ). If this property is TRUE then padding process will be applied!!
The DVDVideoBurner class has also the OnPadding event!!!

3) We always finalize DVD-VIDEO disc after burning!!!

Regards,

Dmitry