#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Surgestions of new forums
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:25 am 

Hi Rocket Division.

I'm a new non-comercial user of StarWind and would like to start by pointing out, that not only have enjoyed the ease of setup/use of this iSCSI target, but also find it very reasuring that you created this forum for public debate and problem solving. I really shows your trust in your product line.

I would, however, recommend a few additional forums for your consideration.

General discussion
Always nice to have. It is a non essencial forum, but it could possbly strengthen the humanitrian profile of the company which have entrguied and somwarth surpriced me. (very personal and yet professional response on the mails I've send and the fact you have forum and are not afraid to let it show that it is a quickly implemented CMS system).
This forum could also include constumer achived milestones and benchmarks, product comparison with GNU/freeware alternative and system setup examples from both customers, home-users and RD's test labs.

Implementation forum
Discussion and problem solving of issue indirectly related to StarWind and StarPort (fx MS initiator, iSCSI hardware hosts and 3party iSCSI targets), as well as migrations, collaborations and co-exsistance issue (I must admit I don't have the technical know-how (yet) to se if this is actually needed or if it would be best to keep it in the respective product forums

Website/forum help and support.
No forum should be without; could save some of the webadmins time. By making requests like this public discussion and centralizing information of known bugs with web and forum.

Post subject: Re: Surgestions of new forums
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

First of all - thank you very much for warm words and your suggestions. User feedback is always welcomed as it makes us being in touch with people and make our software better. So end users are always winning :)

Back to your comments... Well, it makes sense to have everything separated if you have A LOT of traffic. We don't have more then few requests published every day so scattering the forum RIGHT NOW would make us look stupid and lose a bit of the command spirit. But I think we'll follow your advice in the future :) Thanks again for the suggestion!

SeekerDK wrote:
Hi Rocket Division.

I'm a new non-comercial user of StarWind and would like to start by pointing out, that not only have enjoyed the ease of setup/use of this iSCSI target, but also find it very reasuring that you created this forum for public debate and problem solving. I really shows your trust in your product line.

I would, however, recommend a few additional forums for your consideration.

General discussion
Always nice to have. It is a non essencial forum, but it could possbly strengthen the humanitrian profile of the company which have entrguied and somwarth surpriced me. (very personal and yet professional response on the mails I've send and the fact you have forum and are not afraid to let it show that it is a quickly implemented CMS system).
This forum could also include constumer achived milestones and benchmarks, product comparison with GNU/freeware alternative and system setup examples from both customers, home-users and RD's test labs.

Implementation forum
Discussion and problem solving of issue indirectly related to StarWind and StarPort (fx MS initiator, iSCSI hardware hosts and 3party iSCSI targets), as well as migrations, collaborations and co-exsistance issue (I must admit I don't have the technical know-how (yet) to se if this is actually needed or if it would be best to keep it in the respective product forums

Website/forum help and support.
No forum should be without; could save some of the webadmins time. By making requests like this public discussion and centralizing information of known bugs with web and forum.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:35 am 

anton (staff) wrote:
First of all - thank you very much for warm words and your suggestions. User feedback is always welcomed as it makes us being in touch with people and make our software better. So end users are always winning :)

Back to your comments... Well, it makes sense to have everything separated if you have A LOT of traffic. We don't have more then few requests published every day so scattering the forum RIGHT NOW would make us look stupid and lose a bit of the command spirit. But I think we'll follow your advice in the future :) Thanks again for the suggestion!

I see :) I do however belive that at leaste to some extend, the functionallity and purpose of the General Discussion is not available in the other forums and the website/forum help and support is of cause a choise one must make.

Anton:
I still looking in to the performance benchmark and freeware/trial-ware comparisons we talked about. ETA unknown, since im currently performance tuning my RAID configuration, but when i get some numbers and thoughts. How/where would you like em posted or mailed?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:45 am 
Site Admin

I see... We'll think about this :)

Better mailed. We'll have to talk a bit and help you to end up with comparation chart style review. A lot of people are interested in such an information. Not sponsored by software vendors.

SeekerDK wrote:
anton (staff) wrote:

I see :) I do however belive that at leaste to some extend, the functionallity and purpose of the General Discussion is not available in the other forums and the website/forum help and support is of cause a choise one must make.

Anton:
I still looking in to the performance benchmark and freeware/trial-ware comparisons we talked about. ETA unknown, since im currently performance tuning my RAID configuration, but when i get some numbers and thoughts. How/where would you like em posted or mailed?