#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Verify Disk Image?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:01 pm 

Does StarBurn have the ability to load a disk image and verify it against a directory on the hard drive? I've added the ability create a DVD video disk image from a folder using the provided sample. However my program also has an auto delete function which deletes the folder when it's done. Before doing that I'd like to verify the image so the user doesn't lose data if something goes wrong. Anyway to do this?

Dan

Post subject: Re: Verify Disk Image?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:09 am 
Site Admin

Sure! Check TrackAtOnceFromFile, TrackAtOnceFromTree and VerifyFile console samples (sorry, verification is not inside UI samples yet, they are already too complex...).

Thanks!

Dan203 wrote:
Does StarBurn have the ability to load a disk image and verify it against a directory on the hard drive? I've added the ability create a DVD video disk image from a folder using the provided sample. However my program also has an auto delete function which deletes the folder when it's done. Before doing that I'd like to verify the image so the user doesn't lose data if something goes wrong. Anyway to do this?

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:21 pm 

Actually I'm looking to verify an ISO disk image against the original files used to create the image. Those samples all show how to verify the disk after a burn.

After reading through the docs I don't think you offer a way to do this, so I' just going to disable the delete option when creating a disk image.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:56 am 
Site Admin

Oh, now I see... Can you write down small loop doing Read(...) from ISO image and the same Read(...) from virtual image build from the directory you burn and doing memcmp(...) for the read region? Or do you want us to write a sample for this?

Dan203 wrote:
Actually I'm looking to verify an ISO disk image against the original files used to create the image. Those samples all show how to verify the disk after a burn.

After reading through the docs I don't think you offer a way to do this, so I' just going to disable the delete option when creating a disk image.

Dan