#1 Burning Software

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Options/Parameters on GrabCD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:40 pm 

hello again.

can you explain the parameters for StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_GrabCD in short words?
what's the use of p__BOOLEAN__IsSingleLBTransferForced etc. and which mode should I use when copying Audio CD's ?
I also can't catch the meaning of IsCooked when using StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_ProbeSupportedReadModes. What should I trigger for after the calling of StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_ProbeSupportedReadModes when I want to grab an AudioCD later on? The GrabCD-Sampl calls this function but doesn't make any use of the availabilties of the returned read-modes.

many thanks
Spin

Post subject: Re: Options/Parameters on GrabCD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:56 am 
Site Admin

IsSingleLBTransferForced set to TRUE maked the library read with "1 sector per request" mode. This is done for very scratchy CDs with hardware error correction cannot be turned off (or audio CDs). So if you're getting very poor results with normal mode (a lot of retries and grabbing speed half dead) you can try to use IsSingleLBTransferFornced enabled. However nearly all of the lastest hardware does not need it. Nearly obsolete :)

Cooked -- is format used by OS itself. 2048 bytes / sector for data CDs and 2352 bytes / sector for Audio CDs. It's always supported :)

Hope this helped :)

Thanks!

SpinDoctor wrote:
hello again.

can you explain the parameters for StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_GrabCD in short words?
what's the use of p__BOOLEAN__IsSingleLBTransferForced etc. and which mode should I use when copying Audio CD's ?
I also can't catch the meaning of IsCooked when using StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_ProbeSupportedReadModes. What should I trigger for after the calling of StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_ProbeSupportedReadModes when I want to grab an AudioCD later on? The GrabCD-Sampl calls this function but doesn't make any use of the availabilties of the returned read-modes.

many thanks
Spin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:28 am 

anton (staff) wrote:
IsSingleLBTransferForced set to TRUE maked the library read with "1 sector per request" mode. This is done for very scratchy CDs with hardware error correction cannot be turned off (or audio CDs). So if you're getting very poor results with normal mode (a lot of retries and grabbing speed half dead) you can try to use IsSingleLBTransferFornced enabled. However nearly all of the lastest hardware does not need it. Nearly obsolete :)

Cooked -- is format used by OS itself. 2048 bytes / sector for data CDs and 2352 bytes / sector for Audio CDs. It's always supported :)

Thanks!

OK so far, that helped. :D
But I'm still not sure, which ReadMode ( READ_MODE_RAW | READ_MODE_RAW_RAW_PW etc. ) to use (remember, I only want to grab AudioCD's). And there are still some things that I can't handle...
Picture it: There is an AudioCD with Data-Tracks on it (movie/exe...you name it); how can I restore (construct) the original CD-Layout in order to have a nearly 1:1 copy ???? I know, you don't support this, but my goal is still, that the copy will have the same TOC-Identifier (eg. for use with CDDB) as the original.

And further on. When grabbed the CD, what do I have to do next with the 2 files (*.mds/*.xmf) ??? (burn to a blank CD - naturally...but how/with what function(s)?)

many many thanks for your patience with a rookie
Spin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:37 am 
Site Admin

Generally speaking it's always better to use highest supported mode. I mean you need to enumerate supported modes and select highest supported for reading. If you'll select unsupported library would drop to lower supported automagically.

You can burn MDS files with Alcohol 120% (and emulate with it also). For buring you need to stick with WAVs (our case). Time frames would be preserved so CDDB (and FreeDB) would work.

We'll add 1) compressed audio support (working on this right now) 2) exact cloning of Audio CDs soon. Just need time for all of this :)

Thanks!

SpinDoctor wrote:
anton (staff) wrote:

Thanks!

OK so far, that helped. :D
But I'm still not sure, which ReadMode ( READ_MODE_RAW | READ_MODE_RAW_RAW_PW etc. ) to use (remember, I only want to grab AudioCD's). And there are still some things that I can't handle...
Picture it: There is an AudioCD with Data-Tracks on it (movie/exe...you name it); how can I restore (construct) the original CD-Layout in order to have a nearly 1:1 copy ???? I know, you don't support this, but my goal is still, that the copy will have the same TOC-Identifier (eg. for use with CDDB) as the original.

And further on. When grabbed the CD, what do I have to do next with the 2 files (*.mds/*.xmf) ??? (burn to a blank CD - naturally...but how/with what function(s)?)

many many thanks for your patience with a rookie
Spin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:22 pm 

Quote:
You can burn MDS files with Alcohol 120% (and emulate with it also). For buring you need to stick with WAVs (our case). Time frames would be preserved so CDDB (and FreeDB) would work.

Does that mean, I have to grab tracks (to WAV) instead and use the other functions then to build a tree and burn dao/tao or what ever????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Exactly! Just grab a tracks with the help of StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_GrabTrack(...), create a collection of WAVs and aither compress them and build data MP3/WMA CD or create audio or mixed mode CD with TAO/SAO/DAO code.

SpinDoctor wrote:
Quote:

Does that mean, I have to grab tracks (to WAV) instead and use the other functions then to build a tree and burn dao/tao or what ever????

Post subject: ok then
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:51 pm 

sh...
Just when I gladly finished grabbing a whole CD :D

I was on the very wrong way!

Anyway, it should be easy to change the code from GrabDisc to GrabTrack for each TOC-Entry...

Will be back shortly when I've finished.

Post subject: Re: ok then
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

See, good things never disappear. I think you can ask Daemon Tools guys to ask for daemon tools API so you could mount/unmount you virtual drive images. www.daemon-tools.cc for this FREE CD/DVD emulator.

SpinDoctor wrote:
sh...
Just when I gladly finished grabbing a whole CD :D

I was on the very wrong way!

Anyway, it should be easy to change the code from GrabDisc to GrabTrack for each TOC-Entry...

Will be back shortly when I've finished.

Post subject: bit confused...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:43 pm 

hey all.
I'm a bit confused :? ...we were talking 'bout what to do with an *.mds (*.xmf) file after a call to GrabDisc, and you told me, that it could be burned with Alcohol 120% or something else and that I will have to deal with waves instead....well, because I had these files, I "played" a bit with the StarBurn functions and I "discovered", that I can easely burn those files with StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_SessionAtOnceRawRawPW. The resulting disc (I only tried it with Audio-Tracks-Only source-discs yet) is a nearly complete copy of the source disc! Even Gracenote's CDDB will find it (althoug it must be slightly differnet, because CDDB won't find an exact match (like on a original disc or a "real" 1:1 copy), but the TOC is "good enough" for the right suggestion(s) from CDDB!!).
So, THIS is exactly what I wanted ever!
I want to provide an easy way to make copies of AudioCD's; No Specials, No dealing with copy-protections and so on...an easy to use copy...not more.
Question: Am I still on the wrong way? :?

Post subject: Re: bit confused...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

I would recommend you to go the way I've already listed: grab audio tracks to WAV files and burn them as WAV files to create audio CD :)

Thanks!

SpinDoctor wrote:
hey all.
I'm a bit confused :? ...we were talking 'bout what to do with an *.mds (*.xmf) file after a call to GrabDisc, and you told me, that it could be burned with Alcohol 120% or something else and that I will have to deal with waves instead....well, because I had these files, I "played" a bit with the StarBurn functions and I "discovered", that I can easely burn those files with StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_SessionAtOnceRawRawPW. The resulting disc (I only tried it with Audio-Tracks-Only source-discs yet) is a nearly complete copy of the source disc! Even Gracenote's CDDB will find it (althoug it must be slightly differnet, because CDDB won't find an exact match (like on a original disc or a "real" 1:1 copy), but the TOC is "good enough" for the right suggestion(s) from CDDB!!).
So, THIS is exactly what I wanted ever!
I want to provide an easy way to make copies of AudioCD's; No Specials, No dealing with copy-protections and so on...an easy to use copy...not more.
Question: Am I still on the wrong way? :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:05 pm 

anton (staff) wrote:
I would recommend you to go the way I've already listed: grab audio tracks to WAV files and burn them as WAV files to create audio CD :)

Thanks!

what's the benefit, anyway :?:
Greetings
Spin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:56 am 
Site Admin

The benefit is you can play WAVs with the player to verify they are missing jitters. With MDS images you cannot (have to mount them before). Also you can compress WAVs to WMAs (even with loseless compression) to keep less place. With MDS images you cannot. Enough? :)

SpinDoctor wrote:
anton (staff) wrote:

Thanks!

what's the benefit, anyway :?:
Greetings
Spin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:50 am 

anton (staff) wrote:
The benefit is you can play WAVs with the player to verify they are missing jitters. With MDS images you cannot (have to mount them before). Also you can compress WAVs to WMAs (even with loseless compression) to keep less place. With MDS images you cannot. Enough? :)

enough...OK! :)
Can Data-Tracks also be ripped????

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:57 am 
Site Admin

Sure! :)

And new version with on-line decompression enabled shoud be released today. I'll send you your private built DLLs by e-mail however you'll have to download new 3.5.1 installation "on the common basis".

SpinDoctor wrote:
anton (staff) wrote:

enough...OK! :)
Can Data-Tracks also be ripped????