#1 Burning Software

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: StarBurn_GetDeviceNameByDeviceAddress
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:17 am 

I am running the FindDevice sample and when the code reaches the point where StarBurn_GetDeviceNameByDeviceAddress() is called, it fails with a EN_NOT_FOUND exception. Is there something special I need to do to prevent this?

Post subject: Re: StarBurn_GetDeviceNameByDeviceAddress
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

1) Good idea would be to see log from your system. Check the forum how to produce it.

2) Make sure you're using StarBurn ASPI layer and not third party one (other ones don't have symbolic link tracing extensions we've added to our one).

Viracocha wrote:
I am running the FindDevice sample and when the code reaches the point where StarBurn_GetDeviceNameByDeviceAddress() is called, it fails with a EN_NOT_FOUND exception. Is there something special I need to do to prevent this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:21 am 

The output window in Visual Studio gave this error message:

CStarBurn:StarBurn_GetDeviceNameByDeviceAddress(): l__pfn__SendASPI32Command( SC_GET_SYMBOLIC_NAME ) for port ID 1 and target ID 1 failed with ASPI status 0x80!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:29 am 
Site Admin

Very good! Can you let me know *ALL* log w/o quoting the lines you think are very important? :)

Viracocha wrote:
The output window in Visual Studio gave this error message:

CStarBurn:StarBurn_GetDeviceNameByDeviceAddress(): l__pfn__SendASPI32Command( SC_GET_SYMBOLIC_NAME ) for port ID 1 and target ID 1 failed with ASPI status 0x80!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:33 am 
Site Admin

Status 0x80 is "INVALID ASPI COMMAND". I've asked you already - ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE STARBURN ASPI LAYER INSTALLED? Right now even w/o whole log I can guess - NO. Would you be so kind to double check this? I think you have WnASPI32.dll from RDS missing and some alient ASPI installed globally :) Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:39 am 

I just did a search through the forum and found that I needed to have wnaspi32.dll in the debug folder. Once this was done the function call succeeded. Thanks for your quick response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:46 am 
Site Admin

Good! So you had *GLOBAL* ASPI from third-party vendor installed.

When shipping StarBurn embedded binaries always make sure you've either run tests with say Adaptec ASPI (so you don't use any EXTRA StarBurn ASPI features), or use RDS ASPI or use CreteEx StarBurn call (SPTI, no ASPI at all). In such a case you'll have your binary working everywhere.

Viracocha wrote:
I just did a search through the forum and found that I needed to have wnaspi32.dll in the debug folder. Once this was done the function call succeeded. Thanks for your quick response.