#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SCSI CDB delivery failed, while burning CD/DVD
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:04 am 

Hi,

Every time I start my CD/DVD burning, I'm getting an exception as "SCSI CDB delivery failed". At this point, it's not possible to get any log file.

Is there any common scenario for such an exception? Can I have a brief idea about this exception?

My working environment is: Windows XP Embedded, Starburn 7.2.20 Build 20070220.

Looking forward for you valuable response.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: SCSI CDB delivery failed, while burning CD/DVD
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:19 am 
Site Admin

1) Your support plan had expired years ago. Please contact sales Dept (sales@rocketdivision.com) keeping your purchase information not far away from you to update your ASM (Annual Support & Maintenance) plan and SDK core to the most recent version (10.5 I guess). We don't support any ancient builds... We physically cannot with all our good will, there were millions of bugs fixed and we don't want to fix them once again :)

2) This is StarBurn application, not StarBurn SDK forum... You're free to post your questions virtually everywhere on the RDS forum, we'll find your StarBurn SDK related posts and move them to the appropriate place (StarBurn SDK forum). But it's not gonna make us very happy :)

3) The issue you're referencing is too generic. I mean "SCSI command failed" tells us one of the SCSI commands we sent to device had failed b/c of the many reasons. This could be a) not an issue at all as some commands SHOULD fail, b) there's a bug in your code if you do something neither we nor device expects you to do, c) could be an issue in StarBurn SDK core and d) could be device firmware bug.

To find out what's wrong, who's guilty and what to do we really need StarBurn log... W/o it there's no way for us to proceed. At all. It's like you telling to your doctor "Every time I go out I return drunk... What's the problem? Can you help me?". Sure we can! :) But we need to ask some questions. And the answers are in StarBurn log. To save us all quite a lot of time on unrequired communications.

Thank you very much for understanding!