#1 Burning Software

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Track Import is too slow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:44 am 

At first......................... :D :D
its already we build the exe for our writing purpose. so dont ask me the logs please..................... :lol: :lol:

track importing for the disc which is already writen for more than a dozen of times in multisession. i just need to know is that, is it usual in such cases or any methods to avoid it.................... :shock: :shock: :P
Thanks ....................
Hope u dont angry with me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Track Import is too slow
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:18 am 
Site Admin

If you have A LOT of the files written it really takes quite a time to read whole FS structures set. Also if you have old re-writable media (written many-many times) reading can be slow b/c of the recovered read errors. So 1) do you really have many files written and 2) are you using RW media? Thanks!

paappa wrote:
At first......................... :D :D
its already we build the exe for our writing purpose. so dont ask me the logs please..................... :lol: :lol:

track importing for the disc which is already writen for more than a dozen of times in multisession. i just need to know is that, is it usual in such cases or any methods to avoid it.................... :shock: :shock: :P
Thanks ....................
Hope u dont angry with me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:07 am 

Yeh ............. really, at single writing may be it contain more than a hundred of wave files of different size and the same CD-R is used more than a dozen of times............................ so its the cause..............
anyway Thanks a lot........................................ 8)

Post subject: Re: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:33 am 
Site Admin

I've checked the source and it looks like we do read the FS structures in mode "one sector per time". If we'd implement software read-ahead and do reads with 64KB blocks (at least) I think import performance will improve greatly! I promise to review this code after next SDK release.

paappa wrote:
Yeh ............. really, at single writing may be it contain more than a hundred of wave files of different size and the same CD-R is used more than a dozen of times............................ so its the cause..............
anyway Thanks a lot........................................ 8)