#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: iso image to big to burn onto dvd
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:26 pm 

Hi,

I was trying to backup a few of my dvd's using starburn and the ripped .iso image of one dvd is approximately 7.5gb.
All of my blank dvd's are only 4.7gb so when I try to burn the .iso onto the blank dvd, Starburn gives me an error stating "The image file is too big to burn onto the selected disc."

Is there any way I can possibly burn the .iso onto 2 separate blank dvd's? Or can I delete the menu from the .iso to shrink down the size? Or is there a way to compress the .iso to fit onto the blank dvd?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: iso image to big to burn onto dvd
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

You can use freeware recompression tools (like Shrinkto5) and burn smaller resulting image with the StarBurn later.

rosh93 wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to backup a few of my dvd's using starburn and the ripped .iso image of one dvd is approximately 7.5gb.
All of my blank dvd's are only 4.7gb so when I try to burn the .iso onto the blank dvd, Starburn gives me an error stating "The image file is too big to burn onto the selected disc."

Is there any way I can possibly burn the .iso onto 2 separate blank dvd's? Or can I delete the menu from the .iso to shrink down the size? Or is there a way to compress the .iso to fit onto the blank dvd?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am 

Excuse me sir, this seems to be a related thread about video compression. I have a question about my DVD compression and I want to ask. Recently I purchased this DVD compressing software [ ... ] to compress my DVD video into MP4. The whole conversion process was fine but the output MP4 video had not audio sound but only had video images. I changed my DVD and tried again, but still no sound. I wondered ifthat itcaused by the so called 10x acceleration? Do you guys know how to handle it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Sure. Content the guys you got your compression software from. We burn everything AS IS so if there's no sound - there was no sound in the source stream.