#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help, new to this: How do rip & burn a Blu-ray DVD?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:09 pm 

Hi. I'm new to this program. I just got a blu-ray burner drive recently. So when I want to rip the blu-ray dvd do I select "grab image" or "create image"? Once that is done and I want to burn it to a single layer blu-ray disk are there options to just burn the main movie and dump unnecessary audio tracks (in other languages). And lastly, will StarBurn compress the files if it's needed to fit?
Thank you,
Nathan

Post subject: Re: Help, new to this: How do rip & burn a Blu-ray DVD?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:55 pm 

You need dedicated wizard to do this. It's "Blu-Ray Decrypter" and it is NOT part of the standard StarBurn installation. Unless you've got your one from GiveAwayOfTheDay. Alternative way is to use something like www.blurayberry.com it's pretty close to what you want to do

ntblood wrote:
Hi. I'm new to this program. I just got a blu-ray burner drive recently. So when I want to rip the blu-ray dvd do I select "grab image" or "create image"? Once that is done and I want to burn it to a single layer blu-ray disk are there options to just burn the main movie and dump unnecessary audio tracks (in other languages). And lastly, will StarBurn compress the files if it's needed to fit?
Thank you,
Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:26 pm 

I guess I didn't get it from GiveAwayOfTheDay because that offer isn't available now (that's the only way I can tell). That surprises me because under StarBurn's description it says you can rip and burn Blu-ray disks. Can I buy the StarBurn version that has the decrypter in it? (gosh, unless it's $495, that might be out of my personal range). I have AnyDVD HD if that makes a difference?
Well, the website: www.blurayberry.com seems to be closed now. In fact no matter what website you try to download BlurayBerry from you get a dead link.
There is a list of free programs at:
http://www.techmixer.com/free-blu-ray-b ... -ray-disc/
But I don't think any of the other programs there rips blu-ray. Wouldn't StarBurn let me choose to keep just the main movie? You know it seems like StarBurn will let you "grab image" from the blu-ray. So what is that doing?
I've thought about buying Nero 9 download (along with a 12% discount) for $72 but I've heard it sucks and is bloated (see amazon reviews).
Thank you for your time pointing me in the right direction.
Nathan

Last edited by ntblood on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:41 pm 

You can. But not copy-protected (the one you have).

Nero is not going to help you.

ntblood wrote:
I guess I didn't get it from GiveAwayOfTheDay because that offer isn't available now (that's the only way I can tell). That surprises me because under StarBurn's description it says you can rip and burn Blu-ray disks. Can I buy the StarBurn version that has the decrypter in it?? I have AnyDVD HD if that makes a difference?
Well, the website: www.blurayberry.com seems to be closed now. In fact no matter what website you try to download BlurayBerry from you get a dead link.
There is a list of free programs at:
http://www.techmixer.com/free-blu-ray-b ... -ray-disc/
But I don't think any of the other programs there rips blu-ray. Wouldn't StarBurn let me choose to keep just the main movie? You know it seems like StarBurn will let you "grab image" from the blu-ray. So what is that doing?
I've thought about buying Nero 9 download (along with a 12% discount) for $72 but I've heard it sucks and is bloated (see amazon reviews).
Thank you for your time pointing me in the right direction.
Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:44 pm 

That's what <advertisement removed> does. I bought that. It unlocks copywritten blu-ray disks. But I'm still not sure how StarBurn works. When you say "You can", I'm a little fuzzy as to what you're referring to?

Do you have any other suggestions seeing blurayberry has disappeared from the internet? I think StarBurn was "grabbing" the image without <advertisement removed > running so I'm a little confused what that was doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

Please drop us a message to info@rocketdivision.com with reference to this topic and we'll provide you with download details. Thank you!