#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: burn file with Asian character file names
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 pm 

Does StarBurn support burning files having Asian characters (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, etc.) in their filenames to CD/DVD? I try to use the burning Data Wizard to burn files having Asian characters in their filenames and the Wizard doesn't let me add these files to the burn list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:33 pm 

Just released version of the StarBurn (V10) has new UDF/Unicode burning wizard. Use it instead of the ISO9660/Joliet to have proper double-byte charater set supported.

Post subject: still does not work
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:27 am 

I am using version 10.0 and using "Burn Data" wizard, under "File System" window, I chose "ISO9660 + Juliet UNICODE name extension", but when I get to "Files Selection" window, it will NOT let me add any file with Asian characters in the file name. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a separate burn data wizard that enables the UNICODE support? I can't find any settings/options/preferences window that allows me to choose the UDF/UNICODE support either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:22 pm 

I think I was quite clear - you need UDF wizard to burn double byte charater set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:24 pm 

Actually, it is not very clear to me whether the UDF wizard is a separate/independent wizard in itself, or is it a part of another wizard, such as a part of the data burning wizard.

Reading information on StarBurn on RocketDivision website, there is information on the following wizards: Audio Burner Wizard, Audio Compressor Wizard, Audio Grabber Wizard, Data Burner Wizard, Disc Eraser Wizard, Image Builder Wizard, Image Burner Wizard, Image Grabber Wizard, StarPort Wizard, and Video Burner Wizard.

However, there is no information on the UDF wizard. Furthermore, I cannot find this UDF wizard from the GUI of StarBurn. A google search for the term "starburn udf wizard" did not yield any relevant hits either. I'm sorry to say, if there is such a UDF wizard, it appears to be well-hidden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:01 am 

elaine wrote:
Actually, it is not very clear to me whether the UDF wizard is a separate/independent wizard in itself, or is it a part of another wizard, such as a part of the data burning wizard.

Reading information on StarBurn on RocketDivision website, there is information on the following wizards: Audio Burner Wizard, Audio Compressor Wizard, Audio Grabber Wizard, Data Burner Wizard, Disc Eraser Wizard, Image Builder Wizard, Image Burner Wizard, Image Grabber Wizard, StarPort Wizard, and Video Burner Wizard.

However, there is no information on the UDF wizard. Furthermore, I cannot find this UDF wizard from the GUI of StarBurn. A google search for the term "starburn udf wizard" did not yield any relevant hits either. I'm sorry to say, if there is such a UDF wizard, it appears to be well-hidden.

Hello,

You can download StarBurn v10 from our site:
https://www.rocketdivision.com/download ... nSetup.exe

If you want to burn files a folders which have names in Unicode characters (Asian for example) you must do next steps:

1) Download and install StarBurn v10
https://www.rocketdivision.com/download ... nSetup.exe

2)Use new wizard "Build UDF Image".

3)Use "Burn Image" wizard for burning image which you create in previous step.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:38 pm 

For now you cannot import recorded UDF session. Upcoming update of the StarBurn will allow both session import for the UDF and on-the-fly UDF burning as well.