#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Adding files and folders is tedious
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:16 am 

I recently got StarBurn 9.1 and was well impressed with it at first sight. It wrote a DVD-Video I prepared without problems and it's free!! When I wanted to burn an ordinary data disc last night, however, I found that it is not possible to add the complete content of a folder including subfolders if I do not want the folder itself to be on the disc. Just for clarification, the structure of my directory c:\my_new_cd

readme.txt
setup.exe
setup.dll
setup.hlp
setup.ico
subfolder_1
subfolder_2
subfolder_3

If I add the directory my_new_cd, it gets written on the CD, but I would prefer setup.exe and readme.txt in the root directory of the CD.
If I want to do that, I can add the files (all at once, that's ok), but I have to add each and every single subfolder seperately (and click through the whole structure of my harddrive), which is not really fun. I have tried dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer, but to no avail. An update to version 9.5 (btw. your webpage still says 9.1) did nothing to change this.
The same problem applies to creating images, as this functions seems to use the same add-dialogue.
Is there something I don't understand or is this a limitation of the software?

Thank you very much for your help!
Peter

Post subject: Re: Adding files and folders is tedious
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:38 pm 

dasphantom wrote:
I recently got StarBurn 9.1 and was well impressed with it at first sight. It wrote a DVD-Video I prepared without problems and it's free!! When I wanted to burn an ordinary data disc last night, however, I found that it is not possible to add the complete content of a folder including subfolders if I do not want the folder itself to be on the disc. Just for clarification, the structure of my directory c:\my_new_cd

readme.txt
setup.exe
setup.dll
setup.hlp
setup.ico
subfolder_1
subfolder_2
subfolder_3

If I add the directory my_new_cd, it gets written on the CD, but I would prefer setup.exe and readme.txt in the root directory of the CD.
If I want to do that, I can add the files (all at once, that's ok), but I have to add each and every single subfolder seperately (and click through the whole structure of my harddrive), which is not really fun. I have tried dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer, but to no avail. An update to version 9.5 (btw. your webpage still says 9.1) did nothing to change this.
The same problem applies to creating images, as this functions seems to use the same add-dialogue.
Is there something I don't understand or is this a limitation of the software?

Thank you very much for your help!
Peter

You currently right, now data disc burning and image building wizards not very handy. This will be checked in next release.

Version 9.5 available by link:
www.rocketdivision.com/downloads/StarBurnSetup.exe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:24 am 
Site Admin

"Checked" == "re-written from the scratch" actually :) StarBurn was born from StarBurn SDK samples so what's good as a sample is not always good as an end-user application :)