#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Write Issues
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:30 pm 

Hope you do not mind me putting all these in one topic. Let me know if I should be separating the topics for the benefit of others.

1. I have noticed If a file such as an audio file cannot be loaded to be burnt to an audio cd, the file handle is left open and the file cannot be deleted or renamed. That brings me to my next problem #2.

2. Wave files (.WAV) are seen as data and not audio files like MP3s are. I even tried something like this for each audio file:

Code:
l__DISC_LAYOUT.m__DISC_LAYOUT_ENTRY[ i ].m__BOOLEAN__IsAudio = TRUE;
strcpy(l__DISC_LAYOUT.m__DISC_LAYOUT_ENTRY[ i ].m__CHAR__TrackName, "myaudio.wav");

I was mixing mp3 files and wav files and only the mp3 files were written to the tracks.

Was doing a session at once write method.

3. When creating Video CD and Super Video CD, the SDK seems to try to make an image first. Our product runs in a host application called Director MX. When it tries to make the image, it errors out with the following message:

Error for Video CD
writeDisk failed, exception 5, status 2, text 'CStarBurn_DiskFile::CStarBurn_DiskFile(): CreateFile( 'C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Director MX\StarBurn_VideoCD.ISO' ) failed, status 2!!!'

Error for Super Video CD
writeDisk failed, exception 5, status 2, text 'CStarBurn_DiskFile::CStarBurn_DiskFile(): CreateFile( 'C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Director MX\StarBurn_SuperVideoCD.ISO' ) failed, status 2!!!'

I have even run the videocd and supervideocd samples in the same folder of Director MX executable (Director.exe) located in "C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Director MX" while director is running and I get the same error. Is there any way to perhaps specify a temp location to create the ISO instead of in the same directory of the host app? That seems to be the problem.

4. Is there any way to create a UDF cd tree in the same way an ISO cd tree is done? I am able to do ISO images and burns by add lists of folders to build an ISO tree. Having problems doing that for UDF. The samples seem to only show how to do DVD Video disks and a disk that has one or more files on them in the root of the disk.

Myron L Stewart
Ingeniak

Post subject: Re: Write Issues
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:06 pm 

Hi,

mavmann wrote:
1. I have noticed If a file such as an audio file cannot be loaded to be burnt to an audio cd, the file handle is left open and the file cannot be deleted or renamed.

It seems like our bug. We will fix it.

mavmann wrote:
2. Wave files (.WAV) are seen as data and not audio files like MP3s are. I even tried something like this for each audio file:
Code:
l__DISC_LAYOUT.m__DISC_LAYOUT_ENTRY[ i ].m__BOOLEAN__IsAudio = TRUE;
strcpy(l__DISC_LAYOUT.m__DISC_LAYOUT_ENTRY[ i ].m__CHAR__TrackName, "myaudio.wav");

Please, send me (alexey @ rocketdivision . com) the log of burning WAVE files. I will check what is wrong.

mavmann wrote:

3. When creating Video CD and Super Video CD, the SDK seems to try to make an image first. Our product runs in a host application called Director MX. When it tries to make the image, it errors out with the following message:

Error for Video CD
writeDisk failed, exception 5, status 2, text 'CStarBurn_DiskFile::CStarBurn_DiskFile(): CreateFile( 'C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Director MX\StarBurn_VideoCD.ISO' ) failed, status 2!!!'

Error for Super Video CD
writeDisk failed, exception 5, status 2, text 'CStarBurn_DiskFile::CStarBurn_DiskFile(): CreateFile( 'C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Director MX\StarBurn_SuperVideoCD.ISO' ) failed, status 2!!!'

Please, put both ISO files from the StarBurn SDK installation to the folder with StarBurn.dll.

mavmann wrote:
4. Is there any way to create a UDF cd tree in the same way an ISO cd tree is done? I am able to do ISO images and burns by add lists of folders to build an ISO tree. Having problems doing that for UDF. The samples seem to only show how to do DVD Video disks and a disk that has one or more files on them in the root of the disk.

Yes, even there are a sample of creating UDF tree. Please, e-mail me and i will send it to you.

Regards,
Alexey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:35 pm 

Hello,

1. Looking forward to the fix. Thank you.

2. Preparing the Visual Studio .NET 2003 log

3. I see the sdk uses those files as a template. Looks like that worked for both video and super video cd. Is there any way to add in a feature were we can supply a custom path and name to the files used as a template?

4. I will be e-mailing you shortly.

Thank you,

Myron L Stewart
Ingeniak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

Myron,

1) Yup. Together with speed settings for DVD devices.

2) What OS are you using?

3) Currently we're picking up them from the place where StarBurn.dll is.

We'll add a feature to supply custom path for VideoCD and SuperVideoCD burning function templates. No problem! For now please keep them where we're expecting to find them :-)

4) Got the logs and checking what's wrong with sound support library module. Unclosed file handles seems to be result of access violations inside the code. Objects are just not destroyed in the right way.

Thank you!

mavmann wrote:
Hello,

1. Looking forward to the fix. Thank you.

2. Preparing the Visual Studio .NET 2003 log

3. I see the sdk uses those files as a template. Looks like that worked for both video and super video cd. Is there any way to add in a feature were we can supply a custom path and name to the files used as a template?

4. I will be e-mailing you shortly.

Thank you,

Myron L Stewart
Ingeniak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:37 pm 

1. Excellent

2. Windows XP SP1

3. We are linking statically, so it appears to look where the host application (Director.exe) is located. That would be great when you add that feature.

4. I'll double check my code. It seems to do this when grabbing the burner using the grab method.

Thank you again,

Myron L Stewart
Ingeniak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:20 am 
Site Admin

Myron,

from what I see now I don't think it's your problem...

mavmann wrote:
1. Excellent

2. Windows XP SP1

3. We are linking statically, so it appears to look where the host application (Director.exe) is located. That would be great when you add that feature.

4. I'll double check my code. It seems to do this when grabbing the burner using the grab method.

Thank you again,

Myron L Stewart
Ingeniak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Myron,

can you do two things:

1) extend StarWave debugging level from default to say 2 (edit StarWave.reg and execute it)

2) try burning MP3 files you have and send us the log

3) copy OGG Vorbis support files (DLLs) you've skipped to copy from \Bin to your application folder

4) burn MP3 files and send us the log

Just do not mix this two tries in one :-)

I think I know where the problem is and I'm working on fix.