#1 Burning Software

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Windows 7 Drive is not ready to burn.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:03 pm 

Hi,

We have been using your burner without a problem for a while now, but today we purchased a new acer laptop with windows 7 64bit. Our software only operates in 32bit and have been burning on other windows 7 machines without a problem. However all the windows 7 machines we have been burning on have been upgraded or reformatted from vista to 7. The drive is functioning properly, I tested the burn in another program to be sure. I'm using version 10.5.0.1 of starburnx. Please let me know as soon as you have any idea on whats going on.

Thanks! :)

Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Drive is not ready to burn.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:57 pm 

Hi, We have narrowed it down to being something in Windows 7 Acer aspire 5532. By factory defaults, I receive that message, we reformatted and installed windows 7 that was purchased off the shelf and received the same message. Finally we reformatted again and installed vista, then it worked as everything should. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? We are using the audioburner and databurner. Someone please reply if you have an idea, it is urgent.

Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:08 pm 

Hi I just tried it on another brand new acer laptop model 5517, windows 7 64 bit operating system, burner: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7585H ATA Device (Driver Version 6.1.7600). I received the same error (in both audio burner and data burner), so I downloaded the starburn sdk directly from your website to make sure it wasn't just my software. I ran the Starburn SDK installation (http://www.rocketdivision.com/downloads/starburn.exe) and near the end of the installation I received the following compatability error:

Program Compatibility Assistant
This program is blocked due to compatibility issues
Program: SCSI Pass Through Direct
Publisher: Duplex Secure Ltd.
Location C:\Program Files (x86)\Rocket Division.... SPDTinst-v156-x64.exe

I ran the sample starburn x vb.net audio burner program using the default settings (default device, speed, and auto without test burn checked). I added 8 .wav files, then pressed burn and I received the same device is not ready message that I have posted previously. This is an extremely Urgent issue that needs to be addressed. We have over 70,000 computers that are about to use our software over the next year. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

Go to duplexsecure.com and download the most recent SPTD layer (I think 1.62 and up). You don't need any assistance from RDS staff for this issue.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:29 pm 

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Nothing for yet. Please keep us updated did it fix your issue (I hope) or not. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:13 pm 

Hi Anton,

Nope that did not fix the issue. I was not able to find out until now because it was only occurring on a couple computers of which the person was unavailable to access. The person is still having the drive is not ready to burn problem. I uninstalled our software installed that,etc several times in many different ways but all of which gave the same results. Please keep me updated.. it is ridiculously urgent.

Thank you!
Ben

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

"No logs" means "no help". Find a way to fetch us StarBurn logs from failing machie. As I have no clue for now what's going on: is it StarBurn issue, your app issue, SPTD layer issue, hardware incompatibiliy issue etc. There's no need to uninstall/install the software and perform any other activities you think will help. Just provide us StarBurn logs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:44 am 
Site Admin

Got the logs from you. Not good...

1) You try to burn with only 5 MB of cache allocated. It's not gonna work reliably... OK, we'll patch SDK core V12 in the way it will refuse to work if so small cache is allocated (less then 64MB) to avoid such a situations in the future.

2) I've told to use SPTD, according to the logs you still use SPTI with *NO* StarOpen driver installed. To gain non-admin access you have to either

- Use CreateExEx (SPTD) method and install SPTD layer (CreateExEx will not work w/o SPTD installed)
- Use CreateEx (SPTI) and install StarOpen driver (CreateEx *WILL* work w/o StarOpen installed, but w/o non-admin access to DVD burners)

What you do now - install SPTD and use CreateEx (SPTI) access method. No sense. And no non-admin rights.

3) For some reason code sees no media in the drive telling the door is open. Did you mount physically supported media into the burner?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:36 pm 

Hi Anton,
I am working out of the starburn vb.net sample for testing.

1:) I've changed the m_audioBurner.Drive.CacheSize = 64
2:) I am on .Net, Could you provide the CreateEx method I need to call?
3:) I'm not sure why it says that...

Thanks,

Ben

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

1) Just keep it "Auto".

2) I don't know .NET wrapper, Dima will suggest something here.

3) In any case it's not Windows 7 issue at all. Can other burning apps burn using the same burner and same inserted media?

Tyrocx wrote:
Hi Anton,
I am working out of the starburn vb.net sample for testing.

1:) I've changed the m_audioBurner.Drive.CacheSize = 64
2:) I am on .Net, Could you provide the CreateEx method I need to call?
3:) I'm not sure why it says that...

Thanks,

Ben

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:50 pm 

Initially the laptop had windows 7 on it and we where experiencing the issue, then we reformatted and installed windows 7 from scratch, still didn't work. We reformatted once again with windows vista and everything worked. I will look for Dima's response, thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

Still don't think it's a Windows 7 issue. Could be broken filter driver installed with third-party software but you need Windows 7 back to be 100% sure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am 

Hello,

The StarBurnX class provides the InitializeEx method where you can specify the active layer - SPTI or SPTD.

Regards,

Dmitry Bortsov

Rocket Division Software

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:26 pm 

Hi, I checked the latest version on the starburnx download page to make sure I wasn't outdated but still could not find the InitializeEx method in 10.5 tomahawk starburx class. Do you have an updated version with InitializeEx in it that I could use instead?

Thank you,

Ben