( PCALLBACK )( Callback ),
NULL,
l__PSCSI_DEVICE_ADDRESS->m__UCHAR__PortID,
l__PSCSI_DEVICE_ADDRESS->m__UCHAR__BusID,
l__PSCSI_DEVICE_ADDRESS->m__UCHAR__TargetID,
l__PSCSI_DEVICE_ADDRESS->m__UCHAR__LUN,
0 // == DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE_IN_MBS
);

can I change the last parameter to 1 when using dvdBurnerGrabber to search device.bacause default DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE_IN_MBS seems very slow when searching device.if changed to 1M it much faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:09 pm 
this function runs well on old version 4.1.0 build on 2004910,but on 4.7.5 it is very slow with default parameter 0.And also when try to burn dvd,the memory cost booming,the system PF is about 460M bytes and significantly slow down windows system ,after burning(take a long time compare with old version) PF drop to 260M.
the burning function works well on old version.Please help.

Post subject: Re: StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_Create problem
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:00 pm 

thomas young wrote:
can I change the last parameter to 1 when using dvdBurnerGrabber to search device.bacause default DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE_IN_MBS seems very slow when searching device.if changed to 1M it much faster.

If you will not use created object for burning - last parameter can be changed. Otherwise, it's not recommended.

For example, you can change last parameter in the FindDevice sample and it will work correctly, but only to get device information, to store SCSI address and then to destroy the object.
And when you want to grab or burn, please create burner with the default size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:28 am 
I am afraid in the new 4.7.5 the default parameter does not work well,it cost huge memory and very slow.I change it to 32M or 64M(when burning dvd),it works very well and is much faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:11 am 
Site Admin

We've increased cache size by default from 64 megabytes to 160 megabytes (to support 16X DVD burning).

Yes, you can use very small cache size when searching devices. Passing 1 or something like this would result doubled device hardware cache size be allocated. It should work however not recommended.

thomas young wrote:
I am afraid in the new 4.7.5 the default parameter does not work well,it cost huge memory and very slow.I change it to 32M or 64M(when burning dvd),it works very well and is much faster.

Post subject: Another Problem
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:50 am 

I have another problem with create. Cause Starburn even tells there is no CD/DVD Device - but all other applications found them.
The StarBurn_FindDevice result is even 0.
(I use a Plextor PX-708A DVDburner)

I tried update the ASPI but nothig happens.

Any Idea? :?

Greetz
Nightlight

Post subject: Re: Another Problem
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:03 am 
Site Admin

What OS are you running? Are you using our own ASPI layer or alien one? Can you send us log generated by DEBUG version of StarBurn? Thanks!

Nightlight wrote:
I have another problem with create. Cause Starburn even tells there is no CD/DVD Device - but all other applications found them.
The StarBurn_FindDevice result is even 0.
(I use a Plextor PX-708A DVDburner)

I tried update the ASPI but nothig happens.

Any Idea? :?

Greetz
Nightlight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:13 am 
I Use Windows ME with all new updates.
After i read around here i installed the Aspi from Adaptec.
Nothing happens.

But what Debug Version? (I tried the FindDevice.exe in the Debug folder but no log created.)
Anyway no Exception is created by the FindDevice - only Result 0.

If i tried to enter the parameters direct the following message apears:

StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_Create() failed, exception 6, status 31, text 'CStarBurn_ScsiTransportASPI::CStarBurn_ScsiTransportASPI(): SendASPI32Command( SC_GET_DEV_TYPE ) for target ID 1 failed with ASPI status 0x81!!!'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:40 am 
Site Admin

You need to edit file StarBurn.reg (found in the installation root) and replace DebugFacility of value 1 (debug console) to 2 (debug console + log file). Log would be created in C:\StarBurn.log (you can also control this parameter by editing DebugFileName entry of the StarBurn.reg).

After editing just execute .reg file to update registry and run FindDevice.exe from any Debug folder (static or dynamic -- does not matter). And send StarBurn.log file to us.

BTW, I assume you have internal ATAPI model, correct?

Anonymous wrote:
I Use Windows ME with all new updates.
After i read around here i installed the Aspi from Adaptec.
Nothing happens.

But what Debug Version? (I tried the FindDevice.exe in the Debug folder but no log created.)
Anyway no Exception is created by the FindDevice - only Result 0.

If i tried to enter the parameters direct the following message apears:

StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_Create() failed, exception 6, status 31, text 'CStarBurn_ScsiTransportASPI::CStarBurn_ScsiTransportASPI(): SendASPI32Command( SC_GET_DEV_TYPE ) for target ID 1 failed with ASPI status 0x81!!!'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:23 pm 
Hm. Ok.
There is no reg file on my system. Searching in the regestry fails too.
Anyway i found another component that's work fine.
And it's very easy to use...

But yes - i use internal Atapi.

greetz Nightlight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:26 pm 
And the Forum has problems with the Login. I log in every time und checked the "logged in next time" too......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:50 pm 
I do not think set 160M as default parameter is a good idea.Not all user has 512 M or more memory.And with new 4.7.5 the most frequently asked questions from my users is can not find device with external usb drives.And sometimes get "exc 8, st31, CStarburn, execute cdb(), cmd failed" error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm 
And if you write a what'new txt file mention the user what's new in the new version will greatly help the programmer. It's really difficult to figure a problem out whithout the update of documentation .
Just a suggestion. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

Good luck with your new burning components! :-)

Anonymous wrote:
Hm. Ok.
There is no reg file on my system. Searching in the regestry fails too.
Anyway i found another component that's work fine.
And it's very easy to use...

But yes - i use internal Atapi.

greetz Nightlight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

1) We're already updated samples to use virtually no memory during lookup process. Thank you for pointing!

2) We're looking for what can be wrong with USB. Currenlty from the logs you've sent to us it was pretty clear you was reported a device presence, you've just faild to pick up right drive letter for it (b/s native symbolic link was reported first). Would you please clarify what do you mean under "not finding USB drive" now? Is this really callback did not return device or you've failed to get drive letter for it? It's critical to know.

3) We're checking how can we roll back to old cache size settings if this annoys you. In any case you're free to set 64M in StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrrabber_Create(...) function. I do not see why you need to stick with default value )) It's normal when cache size settings are controlled in the application GUI so you can get amount of user memory during installation process and store best fitting value in the registry (f.e.).

4) I think every new version has announs with changes. Published on the site. Do you really want updates history be part of the SDK?

thomas young wrote:
I do not think set 160M as default parameter is a good idea.Not all user has 512 M or more memory.And with new 4.7.5 the most frequently asked questions from my users is can not find device with external usb drives.And sometimes get "exc 8, st31, CStarburn, execute cdb(), cmd failed" error.