#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Joliet track import, file tree kids, kids details...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:48 am 

Hello, Anton. It's new week, so i got new questions :-)

1. I created test disc with five data tracks. Each of them is recorded with files and directories. There is some files and one subdirectory with "hidden" attribute set.
And... none of these "hidden" files is NOT imported to or visible in joliet file tree, when i'm iterating the tree. Only files and directories without "hidden" attribute are well imported. Of course, these hidden files are visible in normal read mode with explorer. Is it a bug :cry: ?

2. I can't find kid item attributes description. I tested bit 4 only: it's directory. It has the same value as FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY as described in Windows Platform SDK. So, can i use all of Platform SDK file attributes values, or are there any diffrences ?

3. How to get more kid node details: size and date of file ?

4. Calculated erasing time is shorter than real erasing time. Is it because of CAV variable speed transfer of my drive ?

Post subject: Re: Joliet track import, file tree kids, kids details...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

1. This is correct behaviour from our point of view. Do you want to control this process? I mean should we provide you the way to import or not hidden files from the imported session?

2. Yes, just standard Win32 attributes.

3. Whoops... This stuff (except for the name and attributes) seems to be non-exported. Can you list other things you'd like to have and I'll add Ex variant of the code.

4. I guess you just using wrong values for capacity and burning speed. Are you trying to do full erase or short erase? If short erase the size of the surface erased is around 20 megabytes. And true, for full erase there can be some noticable difference for estimated and true erasing speeds. You've listed the reason yourself :)

Vetch wrote:
Hello, Anton. It's new week, so i got new questions :-)

1. I created test disc with five data tracks. Each of them is recorded with files and directories. There is some files and one subdirectory with "hidden" attribute set.
And... none of these "hidden" files is NOT imported to or visible in joliet file tree, when i'm iterating the tree. Only files and directories without "hidden" attribute are well imported. Of course, these hidden files are visible in normal read mode with explorer. Is it a bug :cry: ?

2. I can't find kid item attributes description. I tested bit 4 only: it's directory. It has the same value as FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY as described in Windows Platform SDK. So, can i use all of Platform SDK file attributes values, or are there any diffrences ?

3. How to get more kid node details: size and date of file ?

4. Calculated erasing time is shorter than real erasing time. Is it because of CAV variable speed transfer of my drive ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:25 am 

Vetch wrote:
I created test disc with five data tracks. Each of them is recorded with files and directories. There is some files and one subdirectory with "hidden" attribute set.

anton (staff) wrote:
This is correct behaviour from our point of view. Do you want to control this process? I mean should we provide you the way to import or not hidden files from the imported session?

I think, library sholud import all data to file tree. Then i can use kid attributes to get files i like from it. So, if you can update this track import function, it will be nice :-) But, of course, i can live without these hidden files :-)

Vetch wrote:
How to get more kid node details: size and date of file ?

anton (staff) wrote:
Whoops... This stuff (except for the name and attributes) seems to be non-exported. Can you list other things you'd like to have and I'll add Ex variant of the code.

I will check this, but if i remember, Nero for example shows imported data tracks with all description for each file: name, attr, date and size. Of course, date and size of file is not strongly required for me, but... it simply looks better in list view control :lol: I can do that also in another way: simple filefirst, filenext disc files iteration to get it all :-)

Thanks for your help !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:26 am 
Site Admin

OK, hold on. We'll add the code to determine all of the tree node information (file size at least) in the next upcoming release. I think the same is true for the hidden files -- the flag would be added either skip them or add them.

Thanks!

Vetch wrote:
Vetch wrote:
I created test disc with five data tracks. Each of them is recorded with files and directories. There is some files and one subdirectory with "hidden" attribute set.

anton (staff) wrote:
This is correct behaviour from our point of view. Do you want to control this process? I mean should we provide you the way to import or not hidden files from the imported session?

I think, library sholud import all data to file tree. Then i can use kid attributes to get files i like from it. So, if you can update this track import function, it will be nice :-) But, of course, i can live without these hidden files :-)

Vetch wrote:
How to get more kid node details: size and date of file ?

anton (staff) wrote:
Whoops... This stuff (except for the name and attributes) seems to be non-exported. Can you list other things you'd like to have and I'll add Ex variant of the code.

I will check this, but if i remember, Nero for example shows imported data tracks with all description for each file: name, attr, date and size. Of course, date and size of file is not strongly required for me, but... it simply looks better in list view control :lol: I can do that also in another way: simple filefirst, filenext disc files iteration to get it all :-)

Thanks for your help !