#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Internal SDK error: CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:23 am 

Hi,

a user reported the following error to me when trying to burn an audio CD:
CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed

Any idea why this happens or how to fix? Log is too big for attaching, so here is a link: http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/download/file.php?id=706

Regards,
Florian

Post subject: Re: Internal SDK error: CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

1) There's nothing to fix as nothing is broken. Not all commands send to device should terminate with "success" status. You don't need to look at the log you need to check for codes returned by API calls. So what really went wrong you started focusing on this issue? What user did complain at?

2) User's using version with all traces enabled. This is what should be FIXED immediately. It's not production version, it's for experiments only. It's DOG SLOW and creates oversized (read - unreadable) logs.

3) Switch to SPTD rather then SPTI (not related to this issue, but in general). SPTI and ASPI are obsolete and kept in SDK for backward compatibility only. You're using non-production mode for production software exploiting all possible software conflict issues making our, your and your users life very... Entertaining :) More then half of the bug reports end with software conflict localized issue.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

OK, I've managed to squeeze what's wrong: error 09/00 - track following error. Should never happen in a normal situation. I think it's "quatum effect" and burning failed b/c application was too slow to react. And it was too slow b/c it used version with all traces enabled. Please try normal retail one to isolate this possibility. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:27 pm 

1) I don't use API calls, I use StarBurnX. If StarBurnX decides to raise an exception unnecessarily, then it's something to fix.
2) OK, where do I get the latest beta version of StarBurnX without the traces?
3) SPTD requires further drivers to be installed, and I don't like that. Last time I tried, the silent SPTD setup didn't even work properly. Anyway, SPTI works so I won't go through the trouble of supporting yet another component.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

1) For now everything works as expected. WRITE10 fails and SDK report this to the uppest level.

2) Guys will prepare a build for you on Monday. But please don't use full trace build anywhere. It should not really burn anything...

3) It's like buying a Porsche with carbon-ceramic brakes and using parking brake only to stop it. B/c using ordinary brakes is too annoying. No problem! It's your car.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:06 am 

I'd use the better brakes if they were built in. I'm not good at car tuning if you will.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

StarBurn is not part of the operating system either. So you end with shipping third-party component with your app. Why not use IMAPI? I know the reason. It (IMAPI) does not work as expected. The same with SPTI... It does not work as expected. That's why many-many guys end with writing own kernel filter driver to handle uncollisioned raw disk I/O. Daemon Tools, Alcohol Software, CloneCD, Roxio, Sonic etc. This creates a MESS. So smart guys end with special unfilterable code. And even smarter guys end with gathering their resources and maintaining shared driver. This is true for SPTD. At least three companies (Daemon Tools, Alcohol Software & StarBurn Software) use SPTD. So there are more chances to see SPTD already installed on user's machine then you think. FYI.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:19 pm 

anton (staff) wrote:
2) Guys will prepare a build for you on Monday. But please don't use full trace build anywhere. It should not really burn anything....

Just wanted to remind you ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:02 am 
Site Admin

Sorry, not done yet... I'll kick Dima Monday morning if you don't mind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:56 am 

Hello,

Here is a new (release) build of StarBurnX : link was removed

Regards,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:16 pm 

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

Please keep us updated about your progress :) Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:44 pm 

Hi again,
I noticed that with the new edition of StarBurnX the logging functionality seems to be entirely gone. This is a bit of a problem when trying to diagnose problems. If that was intentional, could you please provide me with two versions of StarBurnX, one with logging possible and one without so that I can have a diagnostic build of my app available?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:01 am 
Site Admin

This is issue with the build, we'll revert to this functionality back of course. Sorry for inconvenience...

flöle wrote:
Hi again,
I noticed that with the new edition of StarBurnX the logging functionality seems to be entirely gone. This is a bit of a problem when trying to diagnose problems. If that was intentional, could you please provide me with two versions of StarBurnX, one with logging possible and one without so that I can have a diagnostic build of my app available?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:15 am 

Can you please let me know when a new build is available? Thanks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next