#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: ImageGrabber Problem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:03 pm 

Hello Support,

I am using Grabber class to make ISO image of a disc.
The ISO image creation started it took a time to go to 1% almost a minute from 0%. Then upto 15% it was OK & suddenly is showed 100% complete. But the image from specified location was actually deleted. I guess image might not be created fully. An error might be there while reading disc. But as I was unable to spot that while coding I was not able to spot that earlier.

I have IgnoreBadBlocks property False of ImageGrabber.

I tried with making that property True. But it stopped at 15% and progress was not reported further. Even any type of error was not also reported.

Will you just look into that by trying with some discs with bad blocks.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by deepakp on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

There is logging system. Please enable it and issue us with StarBurn log. B/c what you've reported here does not sound like a normal behavious neither for bad block disc, nor for pure one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:55 am 

Hello Support,

I have sent the log file to support@rocketdivision.com with the condition discussed in th current topic.

The same thing was observed in StarBurn Core Sample and main starBurn Product also with latest version So with that I have sent the report.

Did you got that ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:04 am 

Hello,

Could you sent your log file once again.
We need also to know your e-mail address in order to authorise you as trusted user :)

Regards,

Dmitry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:07 am 

Hello Support,

I have some questions about creating images of discs,
1) Can we get at the time creating image from disc, which file is in copied into image file like other image creator softwares do
2) Can we get an event if disc is having some bad block
3) Can we get an event if disc is copy protected
4) Can we create images of copy protected disc

with the newer version which is about to launch.

Is it ready to launch ?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by deepakp on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:58 am 

Hello,

1) Yes, the OnProgress event shows the time remained!
2) Yes, we have added the new event OnBadBlockHit into Grabber class
3) We have added the new property ProtectionSystem into the DiscInfo class
4) You can create image of copy protected disc but you won't be able to see normal video from this image. You should manually "$decode$" content of this image :). We can't provide decoding for protected DVD's because it's not legal!!!
5) We will release the "experimental" build today.

Regards,

Dmitry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:47 pm 

Hello,

You can download & test the latest build of StarBurnX from our ftp:

link was removed

Regards,

Dmitry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:41 am 

Hello Support,

I was reading some information about released version 10.5. While reading I encountered some discussed features but I can't find any sample or function to use that feature. So will you just explain how it works.

1) CSS-protected DVD-Video backups are possible. You can either store an entire DVD image as encrypted (you'll need an application such as Alcohol 120% to mount it and watch it on your PC) or you can apply automatic decryption on-the-fly. In such a case you'd be able to mount the resulting ISO image with StarBurn built-in DVD emulator and also burn it to DVD recordable media to create a backup copy of the original movie.

2) Full software EDC/ECC error checking and correction engine implemented. Allowing you to proceed with Disc-At-Once burning and allows fast bad sectors skipping when grabbing damaged or copy-protected CD/DVD media.

3) OSTA UDF compatible file system mastering (UDF 1.02, 1.50 and 2.01). Files larger then 2 GB and with names up to 2048 characters long now could be stored on optical media. You don't need to use third-party tools to split your huge database backups or rename very long file names before burning them. These are things of the past with StarBurn SDK.

4) Embedded DVD-ROM Emulator: Our SDK is the only one shipped with a redistributable DVD-ROM emulator. The DVD-ROM emulator allows you to master your data to a file on the hard disk, verify content and apply physical burning much later, even on a different machine.

5) Advanced Support and Customization Services: With StarBurn SDK you always get a year of FREE support and updates. You also get access to our public support forum where it's clearly visible how fast we respond, how helpful we are and how we treat our customers. We also provide support via ICQ/MSN or our "LIVE HELP" system. Customization services are available at an additional charge to ensure your StarBurn project is a breeze.

Can you just explain how we can use these features. If possible a sample program will help me a lot. Thank you.

Is Version 11 released?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:52 am 
Site Admin

You're using StarBurnX wrapper. It does not wrap ALL of the StarBurn CORE functionality.

No. It's not released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:52 am 

Hello Support,

1) There was a reply as,
"You can create image of copy protected disc but you won't be able to see normal video from this image. You should manually "$decode$" content of this image . We can't provide decoding for protected DVD's because it's not legal!!!"

I observed this behavior for one of the Video Disc. ISO image was properly created but after mounting it in Alcohol’s virtual drive the Video was not normal. So suggestion is about decode disc or image. But what to decode and how?

But some other softwares can create images of these types of Copy Protected discs. Output video is also properly played. So can they do that? In the StarBurn Core Feature list CSS protected disc images can be created is mentioned so to what it refers?

2) Can we reduce the output ISO image file size, some softwares are able to provide this compression for ISO image file types?

Thank you in advance!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:53 am 
Site Admin

1) That's for CSS-protected DVD-Video discs only.

2) ISZ is not supported (and we don't have any plans to support it soon).

deepakp wrote:
Hello Support,

1) There was a reply as,
"You can create image of copy protected disc but you won't be able to see normal video from this image. You should manually "$decode$" content of this image . We can't provide decoding for protected DVD's because it's not legal!!!"

I observed this behavior for one of the Video Disc. ISO image was properly created but after mounting it in Alcohol’s virtual drive the Video was not normal. So suggestion is about decode disc or image. But what to decode and how?

But some other softwares can create images of these types of Copy Protected discs. Output video is also properly played. So can they do that? In the StarBurn Core Feature list CSS protected disc images can be created is mentioned so to what it refers?

2) Can we reduce the output ISO image file size, some softwares are able to provide this compression for ISO image file types?

Thank you in advance!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:05 pm 

Hello Support,

There was reply as,
"You're using StarBurnX wrapper. It does not wrap ALL of the StarBurn
CORE functionality."

So can we get the different feature lists for
1) StarBurn Core Funcationality
2) StarBurnX Functionality

Thank you in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.rocketdivision.com/burn_sdk.html

Check "Key Features" and "Features" sections. For StarBurnX we don't maintain any lists as we've ported nearly all of the functionality already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:10 am 

Hello Support,
Thank you for reply.

I didn't got that.
I was going through key features list. Will you please explain the following feature, we had discussion about this previously also. Actually I was not clear with 'decode' functionality in that discussion. But with your information I need to conclude for CSS protected Video DVD's image creation.

Feature :
CSS-protected DVD-Video backups are possible. You can either store an entire DVD image as encrypted (you'll need an application such as Alcohol 120% to mount it and watch it on your PC) or you can apply automatic decryption on-the-fly. In such a case you'd be able to mount the resulting ISO image with StarBurn built-in DVD emulator and also burn it to DVD recordable media to create a backup copy of the original movie.

Can you help me to find any help to create ISO image of these types of discs. Even I need to create images of some CSS protected discs which are of different region and because of that I can not enjoy the Videos of those DVD's.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:17 am 

Hello,

The Grabber class has the method GrabDVDVideoDisc. You may use this method to grab CSS protected DVD but in this case you should set the property IgnoreBadBlocks = TRUE. In result you will have .iso image. DVD stream in this image will be ENCRYPTED.

We can not provide information about "how can I decrypt the css protected DVD disc?" :)

P.s. Is my answer clear?

Regards,

Dmitry

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next