#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:18 am 

Any News on V11 Update?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:31 am 
Site Admin

No.

deepakp wrote:
Any News on V11 Update?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:52 pm 

Hello Support,

1) I am using ImageGrabber class to create images of Video DVDs. The process works fine. Image creation is properly done even created ISO images are of the same quality available on the disc. Great work.

2) But I am having one suggestion in this particular case. If we are considering time required for this process it is bit more than the time required to burn the previously created same disc's ISO image on the (even) RW disc.

3) My suggestion is we are provided with events of grab progress. This particular callback is given too often. Though grab progress is not changed (suppose) from 23 to 24.

4) It will be very good (if possible) that if you store the previous grab progress in an integer variable and then after getting callbacks from drive about newer progress. This new value is compared with old saved value and then given event to users like us.

I thought this can good suggestion for you to improve the performance issues (if any faced by you). I know you guys are busy a lot with the work
but this suggestion is not that bad.

5) One more thing Grabbing process should be is carried out with some Speed. This speed should be Drive.MaxReadSpeed as we are not having property to assign read speed for ImageGrabber, I don't know what you use. If there are not much problems doing this.

Are you clear with my suggestions.
Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:16 am 

Hello,

Your suggestions were implemented, many thanx!! :)

Regards,

Dmitry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:36 am 

Thank you Sir.

While creating ISO image of Video DVD's if Grabbing process is aborted in between then partially created ISO image file is not deleted. Is this problem solved?

I am deleting this file but on a slow test machines my deletion fails because grabbing process is not fully aborted until that I am deleting this image file. I guess this abort process is done in thread hence it may take a bit time. So I guess if any how I will delete this image file it is not ensured that file will be deleted on every machine.

Sir, I know you are working hard for release. But please if you can provide me all the current completed and solved functionalities discussed in various topics so that I can stop working on these types of work-arounds which are resulting in failures in the end.

Thank you very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:04 pm 

Hello,

Yes, it was our bug ... already fixed :)

Thanx,

Dmitry Bortsov

Post subject: Re: ImageGrabber Problem
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:15 pm 

Hello Support,

Is the discussed problem is also fixed for MDS/MDF image creation also. Will you please kindly check deletion after aborting in that case also.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:43 pm 

Ok,

Regards,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:56 am 

Hello Dima Sir,

Will you please kindly explain me,
what happens when I am making following settings for Grabber class
1) Grabber.IgnoreBadBlocks = False
2) Grabber.IgnoreBadBlocks = True

I have observed the behavior of my sample with a normal (not protected) DVD Video disc having almost 10 bad sectors. But was not able to understand the exact difference between results after these settings considering following parameters
1) Output video
2) Time required

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:40 pm 

Hello,

1) We read the 60 kb chunk from the media.

2) If reading has failed we try to read this block again by reading each of logical blocks from this chunk ( one block is ~ 2048 byte).

3) So ...
- if Grabber.IgnoreBadBlocks = False we try ( 3 times ) to read each of encountered bad logical blocks.
Eventually we throw the STARBURN_ERR_UNRECOVERABLE_BAD_BLOCK exception if the logical block was not read successfully!!

- if Grabber.IgnoreBadBlocks = TRUE we don't try to re-read the bad logical block.

4) IgnoreBadBlocks parameter has not impact on size of resulting image file.

Regards,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:40 am 

Thank you very much Sir!!! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:50 am 
Site Admin

It's a pleasure to be in service!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:19 am 

Hello Support,
1) I am using StarBurnX Wrapper.
2) I am using Grabber class for
a) Grabber.GrabTrackAsData - for Data discs
b) Grabber.GrabDVDVideoDisc - for Video DVD
c) Grabber.GrabDisc - for Audio CD, Video CDs.
I am using on USB DVD Writer for testing purpose. While going through all these kinds of image grabbing processes, if I removed this USB drive attached to PC physically by removing the USB connection chords.
a) For data discs, I am getting an exception for Grabber.GrabTrackAsData() method, with Grabber.LastErrorCode = STARBURN_ERR_SDK_ERROR {629} as an error for Grabber class, which is proper.
b) For Video DVD, I am getting an exception for Grabber.GrabDVDVideoDisc() method, with Grabber.LastErrorCode = STARBURN_ERR_UNRECOVERABLE_BAD_BLOCK {678} as an error for Grabber class, which is proper.
c) But For Audio and Video CDs, process is not stopped, no exception was caught and grabbing process was continued forever.
Is any extra settings I have to do to change this behavior. Because while testing my sample, as I am not getting any exception and Grabbing process was not stopped, the process continued for 2 hours, after that I realized that drive was disconnected from outside.
Will you please kindly look into the problem? Whether I have to any extra settings for Grabber.GrabDisc function(). :?:
Thank you in advance. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:05 pm 

Hello,

We are investigating this problem!!!

Many Thanx!!

Dmitry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm 

Hello Dima Sir,

1) With reference to the latest post in which I discussed the same problem in context of Disc erasing.
2) The above discussed problem is the same.
3) Will you please kindly modify the working in Grabbing process also.
4) The problem is of "removal of drive which is in use for Grabbing process".

Thank you.

Last edited by deepakp on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next