#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: how to burn on multiple devices in the same time?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:19 am 
Hello,

I've already sent this topic on starwind but I was in the wrong forum. So...

I want burn on 2 devices in the same time with STARBURN SDK. how can I do that given we can only give 1 address to create function?

thank you

Post subject: Re: how to burn on multiple devices in the same time?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

I've already replied to you there. You need to create two (or more) instances or burning device obect with StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_Create(Ex) and pass different pointers to different file tree (or whatever you burn) objects. And you'll record to multiple burners in parallel.

i110_laurent wrote:
Hello,

I've already sent this topic on starwind but I was in the wrong forum. So...

I want burn on 2 devices in the same time with STARBURN SDK. how can I do that given we can only give 1 address to create function?

thank you

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:43 pm 
I have the same question and more.

If I get it right, the only way to monitor burning status and progress is via the DLL callback. While I don't see there is a parameter indicating burning device in the callback procedure, if I record on multiple burners in parallel and get information returned by the callback, how can I tell which piece of info is for which paticular burning device?

anton (staff) wrote:
You need to create two (or more) instances or burning device obect with StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_Create(Ex) and pass different pointers to different file tree (or whatever you burn) objects. And you'll record to multiple burners in parallel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

You have "context" value. Pass f.e. back pointer to the burner object as context value and you'll differ your multiple burners perfectly.

Layman wrote:
I have the same question and more.

If I get it right, the only way to monitor burning status and progress is via the DLL callback. While I don't see there is a parameter indicating burning device in the callback procedure, if I record on multiple burners in parallel and get information returned by the callback, how can I tell which piece of info is for which paticular burning device?

anton (staff) wrote:
You need to create two (or more) instances or burning device obect with StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_Create(Ex) and pass different pointers to different file tree (or whatever you burn) objects. And you'll record to multiple burners in parallel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:10 pm 
Thanks for all your help. :D

Is the context parameter filled automatically? If so how can I tell it is referring to the burner object? (I use delphi and I see in the unit sampletools.pas that the parameter p__PVOID__CallbackContext is also used for counting number of tree nodes etc.) I find no document for this parameter...

[quote="anton (staff)"]You have "context" value. Pass f.e. back pointer to the burner object as context value and you'll differ your multiple burners perfectly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

No, it's not filled automatically. It's just pure context value. You'll get in the callback exactly the one you'll pass to API call during object creation.

You're swapped burner object and file tree. They have different callbacks.

Layman wrote:
Thanks for all your help. :D

Is the context parameter filled automatically? If so how can I tell it is referring to the burner object? (I use delphi and I see in the unit sampletools.pas that the parameter p__PVOID__CallbackContext is also used for counting number of tree nodes etc.) I find no document for this parameter...

anton (staff) wrote:
You have "context" value. Pass f.e. back pointer to the burner object as context value and you'll differ your multiple burners perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:28 am 
Got it! Thanks a lot.

anton (staff) wrote:
No, it's not filled automatically. It's just pure context value. You'll get in the callback exactly the one you'll pass to API call during object creation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:07 am 
Site Admin

No problem! Let me know if you'll have other questions. Thank you :)

Layman wrote:
Got it! Thanks a lot.

anton (staff) wrote: