#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Getting Started Questions...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:42 pm 
Hi,
I'm sorry if questions I'm asking have been answered many times but I looked through the forum briefly and didnt find definite answers.

The main reason I'm here is because I have been using Goldenhawk SDK for CD burning but we have switched to Panasonic UJ-845-B slimdrive and Goldenhawk doesnt support this drive. They told me that they do not support it because it doesnt fully support DAO and UDF protocols. So my first question is, will I be able to burn DVD's and CD's with UJ-845 using your SDK? For now I will only burn data CD's and DVD's mostly consisting of jpeg, png and avi files.

My 2nd question is about getting started with the SDK. I'm a windows developer, and not an expert on CD burning. In your doc you say that solid understanding of MMC and SCSI specifications is necessary before going further. Is this the end of the road for me?

On your website you say that implemtation of media recording capabilities will take minutes. :) What example should I look at that would show me the basic steps of selecting files/folders to burn, getting the burn process started, and finalizing the process?

I'm hoping to hear from you guys soon.

thank you very much, Tomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:54 am 
I would like to add to my message...

I found the MFCSample but I cannot get it to work. At first when I first compiled and ran it, it complained about StarBurn.dll and WnASPI32.dll not residing in its execution folder. So i copied these files there from the SDK folder. Then the program ran but StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_Create fails and the trace statements says something like this:
StarBurn:StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_Create(): EXITing with failure, was not initialized

On the other hand I ran FindDevice.exe and this program finds all my dvd roms plugged into the system.
(btw, i have 2 dvd rw drives plugged into the system, one is IDE and other is USB)
thanks, Tomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:32 am 
Site Admin

1) I've never got hands over this burner. Please take some of the DAO samples our SDK has and give it a try. Maybe we'll be more successful then GH people.

2) Some experience would be definitely a plus. If not - we'll manage to do everything by our own :)

3) It depends upon burning mode you'd like to use. You've mentioned DAO so I'd recommend to take a look at DiscAtOnceFromXxx samples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:03 pm 
thanks for your reply Anton

Do you know what the problem could be with the MFC example, why it's not detecting the drives?
The description of the problem is in my second post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

We've changed quite a lot of things inside StarBurn but did not update MFC sample (there would be new MFC and VCL samples soon). So please stick with console stuff so far. At least they show how to use SDK and not show every single MFC programming trick we knew :)

pr0digy1 wrote:
thanks for your reply Anton

Do you know what the problem could be with the MFC example, why it's not detecting the drives?
The description of the problem is in my second post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:13 pm 
I'm having a problem with the starburn library. If I use the static lib file I get linking errors.

Generating Code...
Linking...
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __SEH_epilog
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __SEH_prolog
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __alldvrm
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectBeginSeek@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectDestroy@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectUncompressedSizeGet@8
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectCreate@8
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectRead@12
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarLink_CheckFix@8
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarCode_Scramble@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarCode_Encode@12
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileSupportedIs@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_UncompressedFileSupportedIs@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_UpStart@0
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_DownShut@0
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __aulldvrm
Debug/DVDBurn.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 16 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

How come I cannot build my app with the static lib? I downloaded the sdk last week so it should be the newest version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

You did not add StarWave.lib, StarLinik.lib and StarCode.lib libraries to your project. That's why you get build errors.

pr0digy1 wrote:
I'm having a problem with the starburn library. If I use the static lib file I get linking errors.

Generating Code...
Linking...
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __SEH_epilog
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __SEH_prolog
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __alldvrm
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectBeginSeek@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectDestroy@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectUncompressedSizeGet@8
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectCreate@8
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileReaderObjectRead@12
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarLink_CheckFix@8
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarCode_Scramble@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarCode_Encode@12
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_CompressedFileSupportedIs@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_UncompressedFileSupportedIs@4
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_UpStart@0
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StarWave_DownShut@0
StarBurn.lib(starburn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __aulldvrm
Debug/DVDBurn.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 16 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

How come I cannot build my app with the static lib? I downloaded the sdk last week so it should be the newest version.