#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Files for Distribution
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:46 am 
Hi

I presently use BM's solution, but am considering changing to StarBurn because of built in VCD support, UDF format and MUCH BETTER SUPPORT.

One key issue for me, is how many KB the app will add to my download size. In other words, which files in:

StarBurn SDK\Bin\Dynamic\Release\i386

are Optional?

(I really don't want to bloat my install by 4.71 MB minus compression)

Also, do you support XVCD and XSVCD formats, i.e. can i create an MPEG of a non-VCD size and pass it to StarBurn as a VCD (likewise an MPEG-2 of non-standard size as a XSVCD)

Thanks

nix

Post subject: Re: Files for Distribution
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

You need only StarBurn.dll (unless you'll go with the static build - no RDS binaries needed in such a case). WnASPI32.dll is optional (if you'll stick with ASPI support it's requrired, if you'll code with Ex(...) variant of Create(...) call you can skip using ASPI layer binaries). StarBurn_VideoCD.iso and StarBurn_SuperVideoCD.iso templates are HUGE but they compress to 4KB so it should not be a problem for you.

About BM. Do they really have a support? :) Their forum is closed (some time ago you could pass their but they had cleaned it completely a couple of weeks ago - it just does not exist!) They had never answered my single e-mail (did custom project for the guys - throwing away BM burner and replacing with StarBurn for them). Frustrating...

We have quite a lot (20+) customers who've dumped BM burner and went doing StarBurn. Would have special program for them soon :)

Guest wrote:
Hi

I presently use BM's solution, but am considering changing to StarBurn because of built in VCD support, UDF format and MUCH BETTER SUPPORT.

One key issue for me, is how many KB the app will add to my download size. In other words, which files in:

StarBurn SDK\Bin\Dynamic\Release\i386

are Optional?

(I really don't want to bloat my install by 4.71 MB minus compression)

Also, do you support XVCD and XSVCD formats, i.e. can i create an MPEG of a non-VCD size and pass it to StarBurn as a VCD (likewise an MPEG-2 of non-standard size as a XSVCD)

Thanks

nix

Post subject: XVCD
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:33 pm 
Hi Anton

In my experience BM only like the easy support questions, anything more comples and you won't ever get a reply. :x

Is it recommended to use ASPI support or not? Which is more reliable?

You didn't answer the question about XVCD and XSVCD. I just need to know if there is anything that will prevent my doing this, i.e. StarBurn rejecting the MPEG because it has invalid dimensions.

I will try out your Delphi examples shortly (the only advantage I can see to BM's solution is it native VCL).

Post subject: Re: XVCD
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

1) Did not get single e-mail from them... Still have their "source code" with hardcoded binary dumps of the SCSI commands. Looks like the guys catched the trace from Nero or something else and did not even forced themself to decode it :)

2) Both are OK. ASPI would allow you to have single binary for all the OSes. ASPI/SPTI combined support would give you some lines of code different for each OS (Create(...) or CreateEx(...) calls used to create burner object) but no additional DLLs required and "native" support under Windows 2000/XP/2003.

3) Sorry, XVCD and XSVCD are not fully supported. We would not reject the MPEG stream but it would be up to player - play it or not.

4) Most people code in C nowadays so VCL is disadvantage for them :)

Guest wrote:
Hi Anton

In my experience BM only like the easy support questions, anything more comples and you won't ever get a reply. :x

Is it recommended to use ASPI support or not? Which is more reliable?

You didn't answer the question about XVCD and XSVCD. I just need to know if there is anything that will prevent my doing this, i.e. StarBurn rejecting the MPEG because it has invalid dimensions.

I will try out your Delphi examples shortly (the only advantage I can see to BM's solution is it native VCL).