#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Create & Burn Image of Video CD
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:49 am 

Hello Sir,

I am using StarBurnX. I am having few questions related Video CD, as I want to create & burn image of Video CD.
1) How to identify whether inserted CD is Video CD or not?
2) Can we create image of Video CD as ISO?
3) Can we create image of Video CD as MDS/MDF?
4) How to identify the specified image for burning is of Video CD?
5) Can we burn this created image on CD?
6) Can we burn this created image on DVD?
7) It will be very good if you can include this functionality in Grabber class rather than VideoCDBurner. So that image creation of any type of disc will be handled at a single location only. I think, it will help you as well as us to minimize further modifications.

Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: Create & Burn Image of Video CD
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:11 am 
Site Admin

1) Check for VideoCD specific files and folders.

2) No. As VideoCD has at least two tracks (one for data content and other with bigger sector sizes for MPEG track) and ISO is always one track.

3) Yes.

4) We don't care what you burn. For us all images are the same. You don't need to specify is it data CD or video CD or whatever. Just recorded AS IS.

5) You cannot burn VideoCD image on DVD.

6) Burner is burning, grabber is grabbing...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:04 pm 

Hello Support,

1) Can we create proper images of discs with bad sectors?
2) If I am trying to burn these created images on another discs of enough size. Then will the output disc have proper video?
3) If I will have grabber.IgnoreBadBlocks = True then Bad blocks will be ignored, but in this case many retries are given to read that particular sector(block)?
4) Some times if I am having grabber.IgnoreBadBlocks = True, then grabbing process stops there and until I am not aborting it, nothing happens. In this case, if really disc is bad and we will not proceed to image creation normally, then some event like bad disc is encountered should be reported and image creation should stop automatically, is this possible?
5) If I will have grabber.IgnoreBadBlocks = False, then how many retries are given to read that particular sector(block)?
6) After ejecting the drive which was used for grabbing process, grabbing should abort automatically but in this case the progress is reported continuously, is this normal?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

1) We generate correct pattern for bad block. If recorded in RAW SAO + SUB mode it's going to be a good real "bad" block.

2) Probably not. As I've never seen VideoCDs with bad blocks protection.

3) No retries.

4) This means the disc is badly corrupted and ripping takes a while. Turn off hardware error protection and use software. It's going to be MUCH faster. 10X-100X times at least

5) You specify number of retries.

6) If you're ignoring bad blocks this is normal. Process ignores read errors and continues.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:34 am 

Hello Support,

While creating MDS/MDF image of Video CD. I was able to create image of Video CD. But one normal problem is there I was not able to show proper grab progress. For normal data CDs I am using one progress bar to show total progress. But in case of Video CD, I think I need to show current track progress and total progress separately. So I need to have 2 progress bars. Is it?
But how to know which track is currently in process. I am unable to get current track how to find out this, any suggestion? I have already worked on some work-arounds but they are failing for some discs. Is my question clear? [I need to show 'Reading track 1 of 10']

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:44 am 

Hello Dima Sir,

May I get the expected time required required to you for applying the requested changes and make the proper dlls and provide me.
So that I can organize my work and accordingly make a schedule.
I have been waiting a long while. But now I think I should move on. I know you are busy with V12 SDK build.
So will you kindly please tell me expected date, so that I can schedule what to do next?

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:03 pm 

Hello,

1) We have added new property to Grabber class - NumberOfReadRetries.
2) We will try to make new StarBurnX build tomorrow!!
3) The OnProgress ( 0, .. ) event is raised when grab of new track started!

Regards,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:14 pm 

Thank you Sir.
Any News? :)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:10 pm 

Hello Support,

While burning MDS/MDF image created by imageBurner.BurnEx(False,True,False), I am getting following error on one test PC with OS - Windows XP, Processor - AMD Athlon, Drive-Moserbaer DH 20 A4P, Disc- Moser baer CD RW

I have already checked with Drive + Disc combination for supported modes - Session-At-Once (actually all four) modes are available.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040275): Internal SDK error:
CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed

Valid = yes, CDB Size = 10, Sense Size = 32
CDB: 5D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Sense 00: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 26 00 00 00
Sense 10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Transport status = 0, Target Status = 2, HostAdapter Status = 0

at RocketDivision.StarBurnX.ImageBurnerClass.BurnEx(Boolean TestBurn, Boolean IsMDSImage, Boolean IsXA)

I am sending Debug log with reference to this topic. IS it OK I am attaching log file with this post only.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
File comment: This is a log file for the reported problem.
StarBurn.rar [10.19 KiB]
Downloaded 850 times

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:01 pm 

Some additional observations about above problem are as follows:
1) I tried to re-produce the same problem for another drive and disc combinations on different PCs. But could not simulate. :(
2) One more thing on the same PC, while burning MDS image of Audio CD created by GrabDisc() problem does not comes. :shock:
3) Even for different Video CD while burning created Video CD MDS/MDF images problem was observed to come. :o
4) I would like to mention here, there is no problem with source Video CD, no bad sectors. But output CD-RW disc is having 1 bad sector but after reading 55% of total space. :)
5) In this topic, previously I asked one question about how to identify kind of image and required disc type. :?:
6) In attached screen shot for the MDS/MDF image file giving problem discussed above disc contents are extracted and displayed. Can we do like that? It would be great if we will do that!!! :idea:
7) While going through C++ Core sample, I am getting Start LBA for each track in console outputs. Can we display this additional information also. I think if we can extract LBA in Core so if posssible those can also be exported for .NET StarBurnX and result something similar to my request and shown in attachment below. :)

Thank you. You all are doing a great work. I appreciate this great work. Even responses are also fast and upto date and mainly related to topic. Thanx a lot!!! :D

Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 16.81 KiB | Viewed 22439 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 pm 

deepakp wrote:
Hello Support,

While burning MDS/MDF image created by imageBurner.BurnEx(False,True,False), I am getting following error on one test PC with OS - Windows XP, Processor - AMD Athlon, Drive-Moserbaer DH 20 A4P, Disc- Moser baer CD RW

I have already checked with Drive + Disc combination for supported modes - Session-At-Once (actually all four) modes are available.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040275): Internal SDK error:
CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed

Valid = yes, CDB Size = 10, Sense Size = 32
CDB: 5D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Sense 00: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 26 00 00 00
Sense 10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Transport status = 0, Target Status = 2, HostAdapter Status = 0

at RocketDivision.StarBurnX.ImageBurnerClass.BurnEx(Boolean TestBurn, Boolean IsMDSImage, Boolean IsXA)

I am sending Debug log with reference to this topic. IS it OK I am attaching log file with this post only.
Thank you in advance.

Any News?
Now I am getting this error on almost every machine. Should I send the extra information with more logs or the previous logs are enough.

Waiting for your reply Sir.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:23 am 

Hello,

1) We are investigating this problem;
2) Could you try to select the other ( non default ) "CDRawReadMode" mode when you grab VIDEO-CD discs;

Regards,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:01 am 

Thank you Sir,
I have tried Video CD MDS/MDF image creation in
1) COOKED -failing to read [Unsupported mode]
2) PQ - failing to read [Unsupported mode]
3) RAW_PW - failing to read [Unsupported mode]
4) RAW_PQ - MDS/MDF image created, but same problem while burning
5) RAW_RAW_PW - MDS/MDF image created, but same problem while burning

Question :- How to detect the supported read mode for Drive+inserted disc combinations?
Suggestion :- DriveInfo.SupportedReadModes will be helpful if can be given?

Waiting for build :?:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Always use RAW + RAW P-W mode at gets ALL of the recorded information. For ripping. For burning the only RAW mode we support is RAW SAO + SUB so 1) hardware support is limited and 2) it's far from the best raw burning mode. However we don't expect to change anything and/or add new CD raw burning modes in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:00 am 

dima (staff) wrote:
Hello,

1) We have added new property to Grabber class - NumberOfReadRetries.
2) We will try to make new StarBurnX build tomorrow!!
3) The OnProgress ( 0, .. ) event is raised when grab of new track started!

Regards,

Dmitry

Hello Dima,
Sorry Sir. I was a bit busy with some other work. So it took a long time to reply.
1] I am using StarBurnX and developing my application in VB.NET.
2] As I discussed with you in this topic that while reading/grabbing a Video CD, I want to show to the user information as "Reading Track 1 of 6"
3] Hence I asked you about a separate progress callback when currently grabbing track is changed.
4] For this, you replied me with the contents as "The OnProgress ( 0, .. ) event is raised when grab of new track started! "
5] It is working for one of the VCD I am using with 2 tracks but it is failing for others.
6] I am using a VCD with 6 tracks as
Track 1: Duration-00:36
Track 2: Duration-00:18
Track 3: Duration-00:08
Track 4: Duration-00:12
Track 5: Duration-56:29
Track 6: Duration-00:13
7] I am getting the progress event only 3 times for this VCD as in figure. Instead as per the changes done by you I should get 6 different events.
8] Is problem clear to you? Will you please kindly look into the problem?

Attachments:
StarBurn.rar [6.95 KiB]
Downloaded 892 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 11.65 KiB | Viewed 22388 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next