#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cannot create multisession disk
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:38 pm 

Hi!
I am trying your SDK and found problems with writing multisession disks, both CD and DVD. May be the problem is in my device Pioneer DVD RW DVR-106D. I am not a guru with CD DVD burning, so, if I did wrong things, please, correct me.

These are my problems:

1) Session At Once mode doesnÒt work for DVDRW media. When trying to burn DVD with SessionAtOnceFromTree.exe example I have an error ÓSessionAtOnceFromTree:main(): StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_SessionAtOnce() failed, exception 10, status 31, text 'CStarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber::SessionAtOnce(): Disc type (8) NWA not valid for SAOÔ.

2) If I use Session At Once mode for the CDRW media, the first written session is correct. But attempting to use Session At Once again leads to en error Ó'SessionAtOnceFromTree:main(): StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_SessionAtOnce() failed, exception 10, status 31, text 'CStarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber::SessionAtOnce(): NWA not valid, 11945 instead of ( -150 )'Ô

3) I created data disk (CD or DVD) with TrackAtOnceFromTree.exe example. But then I cannot add new data to the disk with StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_ImportTrack() function. I get error message ÓStarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_ImportTrack() failed, exception 8, status 31, text 'CStarBurn_ScsiTransportASPI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed'Ô. I have used command line
TrackAtOnceFromTreeWithImport.exe 1 0 1 0 e:\somedir 0 1.

Could you help me with these problems?

Post subject: Re: Cannot create multisession disk
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

1) Session-At-Once does not work for anything except CD-R and CD-RW. DVD media can be recorded in so called "DVD DAO" mode, which is closer to Track-At-Once for CD-R/CD-RW media. So this is NORMAL.

2) You cannot use SAO or DAO to write multisession disk. Only Track-At-Once mode could be used to perform incremental writing (some drives support so called "TAO after DAO", so the CAN append in Track-At-Once mode previously recorded in Disc-At-Once media, but it's more then exception then a rule). So this is also NORMAL.

3) There could be tons of reasons why you cannot do this. You could create closed (unappendable) disc, you could pass invalid track number to inport etc etc etc. To be 100% sure what's wrong I need to get debug logs from debug version of StarBurn. Please send them with a short description e-mail to anton@rocketdivision.com and I'd be happy to help you to sort the issue out.

Alexander wrote:
Hi!
I am trying your SDK and found problems with writing multisession disks, both CD and DVD. May be the problem is in my device Pioneer DVD RW DVR-106D. I am not a guru with CD DVD burning, so, if I did wrong things, please, correct me.

These are my problems:

1) Session At Once mode doesnÒt work for DVDRW media. When trying to burn DVD with SessionAtOnceFromTree.exe example I have an error ÓSessionAtOnceFromTree:main(): StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_SessionAtOnce() failed, exception 10, status 31, text 'CStarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber::SessionAtOnce(): Disc type (8) NWA not valid for SAOÔ.

2) If I use Session At Once mode for the CDRW media, the first written session is correct. But attempting to use Session At Once again leads to en error Ó'SessionAtOnceFromTree:main(): StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_SessionAtOnce() failed, exception 10, status 31, text 'CStarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber::SessionAtOnce(): NWA not valid, 11945 instead of ( -150 )'Ô

3) I created data disk (CD or DVD) with TrackAtOnceFromTree.exe example. But then I cannot add new data to the disk with StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_ImportTrack() function. I get error message ÓStarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_ImportTrack() failed, exception 8, status 31, text 'CStarBurn_ScsiTransportASPI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed'Ô. I have used command line
TrackAtOnceFromTreeWithImport.exe 1 0 1 0 e:\somedir 0 1.

Could you help me with these problems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:55 pm 

Anton, thank you for your reply!
As we discovered the problem appears only with Medion firmware of our Pioneer drive. After flashing Pioneer firmware everything is ok. With LG DVD writer everything is ok too!

So, we continue investingating your SDK:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Nice to know we're not the ones who's guilty :)

And I've experimented with the whole bunch of drives (starting from 104 and ending with brand new 109) to see what's wrong ;(

Alexander wrote:
Anton, thank you for your reply!
As we discovered the problem appears only with Medion firmware of our Pioneer drive. After flashing Pioneer firmware everything is ok. With LG DVD writer everything is ok too!

So, we continue investingating your SDK:-)