#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Build Joliet tree from scattered files?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:23 am 
Can I burn 10 files onto a CD, where the files are scattered around my hard disk? The only way I see to build a Joliet file tree from existing files, is to pass it the name of a folder - and then it loads every file from that folder into the tree? I want to burn, into the root of the CD, 3 files like this ...
c:\temp\happy.doc
c:\my documents\sad.tmp
c:\program files\monty\python.xml
but on the CD they are all just sitting in the root ... clearly I can do this by creating a temporary folder and copying the files into it, but is there a way that doesn't suck up as much disk space?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Build Joliet tree from scattered files?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:00 am 
Site Admin

You can use StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_Add(...) code to add not only directories (they would be recursively processed) but also individual files. I think we've even updated docummentation in some of the previous releases :-)

betty crokker wrote:
Can I burn 10 files onto a CD, where the files are scattered around my hard disk? The only way I see to build a Joliet file tree from existing files, is to pass it the name of a folder - and then it loads every file from that folder into the tree? I want to burn, into the root of the CD, 3 files like this ...
c:\temp\happy.doc
c:\my documents\sad.tmp
c:\program files\monty\python.xml
but on the CD they are all just sitting in the root ... clearly I can do this by creating a temporary folder and copying the files into it, but is there a way that doesn't suck up as much disk space?

Thanks!