#1 Burning Software

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: CD Text?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:34 pm 

I have only just found out about your software and I have a very simple question. When I buy music CD's, I like to make a copy and use the copy so as not to risk the original. I like copying with the CD Text included, so I can put it in my car CD player and see the song titles, not just "Track 1", "Track 2", etc. Can StarBurn (Free or Paid Version) do this simply?

When I had Windows XP, I used Nero 6 and it was mega simple. Put in the original and select copy. It read the CDDB code off the internet and saved the image in a temp directory. This way when it was done it ejected the original and asked for the blank disk. When the copy was done, I'd put it in my car CD player and the text was there.

Under Win 7 - 64bit, Nero 6 does not work. I downloaded Nero 10 trial and it worked. I bought the paid version and it no longer worked. They said, "Oh, Version 10 can't do it". I unistalled it and got a refund. I then went to Roxio and their sales person told me that all current Roxio products can do it. I bought one of the bigger packages because they convinced me of some of their extras. Sadly their software can't do it either. Their software couldn't even see the cda files and their tech support is useless. So now I am about to unistall it and get a refund on their product.

I am hoping and praying that your software can do this simple task.

Greg

Post subject: Re: CD Text?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:48 pm 

Hello,

1) Yes, StarBurn support burning Audio CD with CD-Text.
2) We don't support getting track info by CDDB code from internet. CD-Text can be set by you only manually.