#1 Burning Software

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: MORE PROBLEMS! Please help!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:30 pm 

I have not been able to burn anything with Starburn for the last 4 months due to this crap popping up everytime I try to burn something and when I click "yes," I end up burning a disc with read errors!

It appears I downloaded the "SDK" version but that is NOT true! The link I provided lists BOTH versions the so-called, "free" version along with the SDK version. At any rate, I have downloaded the free version from here. I unistalled the previous and reinstalled the free version.

http://www.rocketdivision.com/download_starburn.html

Yet it doesn't matter! I am still receiving this error!

"ERROR: Optical drive can't be opened in exclusive mode. Some other application is using this device now. If you want to continue burning without exclusive rights please press 'Yes', otherwise press 'No'."

I am only using Starburn to burn my discs!

Terrific

Post subject: Re: MORE PROBLEMS! Please help!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:21 am 
Site Admin

You had to reboot your machine after install if you've been installing SPTD layer (guess you did). So reboot or press Yes to continue.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:35 pm 

I have rebooted. As for the SPTD layer, what is that? How do I control the installation of it? How do I set it?

Terrific

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

Component used by StarBurn to access CD/DVD devices. OK, so how many instances of StarBurn do you have running? Can you provide a maximized screenshot of your Task Manager "Processes" section?

Mr. Terrific wrote:
I have rebooted. As for the SPTD layer, what is that? How do I control the installation of it? How do I set it?

Terrific

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 pm 

I know this isn't exactly a timely response, but it may help other to know that when I ran into this "Optical drive can't be opened in exclusive mode" issue, I went through my system to find what had access to the optical drives and found that Window Media Player had media sharing turned on. Essentially, it was sitting and watching the drives for a disc to be inserted.

On my WMP version 11, I just turned off device sharing completely, but with this version and others, you can probably turn off the sharing of the optical drive alone if you do want to keep music or video sharing turned on. I won't go into the details of turning the various features off or on, but if you go into the Tools -> Options window, you should be able to find it under Library. If not, just dig around and look for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Hope it's going to help somebody to solve his reservation conflict issue.