#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: how to burn mpeg2-hd to dual layer dvd?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm 

I have a WinTV-HVR-1250 video capture card that records HDTV (1920x1080i) to my HDD. A hour program creates a 7.8Gb mpeg2-hd file which plays fine using PowerDVD or Vista's Windows Media Center.

I'd like to copy this mpeg2-hd file to a dvd so that my blu-ray player can use it. My blu-ray player can recognize AVCHD and mpeg2-hd formats. I just don't know how to burn it.

Can this 7.8Gb mpeg2-hd file be burned using Starburn v10.5 and a standard dual-layer DVD writer to a standard dual-layer dvd?

Post subject: Re: how to burn mpeg2-hd to dual layer dvd?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:25 am 

jk603 wrote:
I have a WinTV-HVR-1250 video capture card that records HDTV (1920x1080i) to my HDD. A hour program creates a 7.8Gb mpeg2-hd file which plays fine using PowerDVD or Vista's Windows Media Center.

I'd like to copy this mpeg2-hd file to a dvd so that my blu-ray player can use it. My blu-ray player can recognize AVCHD and mpeg2-hd formats. I just don't know how to burn it.

Can this 7.8Gb mpeg2-hd file be burned using Starburn v10.5 and a standard dual-layer DVD writer to a standard dual-layer dvd?

Hello,

For burning file with size 7.8 GB you must burn disc in UDF(Universal Disc Format). UDF support included in new version of StarBurn, which will be released in nearest 1-2 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:17 am 

I understand that Starburn v10.5 doesn't support UDF support, but that it will be added as a new feature soon.

This is great news that UDF will be supported soon.

However, let's say that I burn a DVD using UDF format and transfer my 7.8 Gb MPEG2-HD file to a dual layer DVD, Is this file generally readable by blu-ray players?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:02 pm 

jk603 wrote:
I understand that Starburn v10.5 doesn't support UDF support, but that it will be added as a new feature soon.

This is great news that UDF will be supported soon.

However, let's say that I burn a DVD using UDF format and transfer my 7.8 Gb MPEG2-HD file to a dual layer DVD, Is this file generally readable by blu-ray players?

For this files type we support only burning data content, meaning simple files burning, but not disc with special video format.

P.S.
StarBurn support burning of classic DVD-Video format from VIDEO_TS folder, Video CD from mpeg-1 file and Super Video CD from mpeg-2 file.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:08 am 

andrey(staff) wrote:

Hello,

For burning file with size 7.8 GB you must burn disc in UDF(Universal Disc Format). UDF support included in new version of StarBurn, which will be released in nearest 1-2 weeks.

Hello,

Any news about the new release which supports UDF 2.5/2.6?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Probably V12.

codeage wrote:
andrey(staff) wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

Any news about the new release which supports UDF 2.5/2.6?