#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cant change region mask on star port
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:23 pm 

Hi

I have used DVD decryptor to make a back up of a DVD when I mount the image and then try to access the drive via WinDVD I get a "playback of content from this region not permitted".

I am unable to change the virtual drives features in the properties area (DVD Feature) as none of the fields are editable. All currently contain N/A

I also notice that when I mount the image the description area indicates the correct volume information but both the used space and free space columns show 0.00MB.

Without the ability to backup my DVD collection this program is useless. Can anyone help?

Post subject: Re: Cant change region mask on star port
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:26 am 
Site Admin

Try using so-called "file mode" rather then using 'disc mode". And what disc region pattern Windows reports to you in the StarPort?

saryon wrote:
Hi

I have used DVD decryptor to make a back up of a DVD when I mount the image and then try to access the drive via WinDVD I get a "playback of content from this region not permitted".

I am unable to change the virtual drives features in the properties area (DVD Feature) as none of the fields are editable. All currently contain N/A

I also notice that when I mount the image the description area indicates the correct volume information but both the used space and free space columns show 0.00MB.

Without the ability to backup my DVD collection this program is useless. Can anyone help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:23 pm 

Quote:
Try using so-called "file mode" rather then using 'disc mode". And what disc region pattern Windows reports to you in the StarPort

The above information has not helped me at all. Where do you set the file/disc mode? I cant find any setting for this in DVD Decrypt.

WinDVD does not tell me a region only that content from this region is not permitted.

Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

This one is NOT inside DVD Decrypter, rather it's inside your software DVD player.

Post subject: It is the software....
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:43 am 

Thanks you are right - just tried viewing the IS0 with VLC and it works. Appears that WinDVD doesn't like you backing up your own DVD's!

Post subject: Re: It is the software....
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

:)

Please let us know WinDVD version so we could take a look to this issue a little bit closer.

Thanks!

saryon wrote:
Thanks you are right - just tried viewing the IS0 with VLC and it works. Appears that WinDVD doesn't like you backing up your own DVD's!