It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dual Layer DVD
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:53 am 

Did StarBurn Suppord Dual Layer DVD'S?????????????????? :roll: :roll:

Post subject: Re: Dual Layer DVD
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:47 am 
Site Admin

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

paappa wrote:
Did StarBurn Suppord Dual Layer DVD'S?????????????????? :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:54 am 

Ok Thank You.......................

We want to burn only data disc and we had already created a program for it. Is it need any more additional things to support this.

We are using Xpe and we are setting virtual memory zero , is it anyway affects starburn ??????????????? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

I don't understand what you're talking about. Neither about what your own program has to to with the StarBurn nor what you mean by "setting virtual memory zero".

paappa wrote:
Ok Thank You.......................

We want to burn only data disc and we had already created a program for it. Is it need any more additional things to support this.

We are using Xpe and we are setting virtual memory zero , is it anyway affects starburn ??????????????? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:48 pm 

"Setting Virtual Memory" means setting the system cache ie, we taking from MyComputer's property. In an earlier post u said that "StarBurn allocates default 160 MB for cache buffer" , so if i set cache buffer to zero , is it affect in future.

The second thing is, we had developed an exe using starburn and it onlu uses for creatingdata disc's and is working properly with DVD and CD,s ( both writable and re-writable) . In it i checked and get only DVD and CD,s (DVD with single layer) through function which get the type of disc inserted. Now i want to write Dual Layer DVD also , so i think , i need to avoid that checking and which can allow all type of disc's. Or any additional coding is needed ???

Hope u get me now ??????????

if not please dont get angry to me .................????? :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:02 am 
Site Admin

1) So you disable virtual memory for the whole machine you boot? B/c it's PE machine and it does not have hard disk to place swap attached, right?

2) Passing ZERO to the StarBurn makes it allocate default 160 MB of RAM for the buffer. It's a "wildcard", not a value :) Passing small numbers will lead to coasters...

3) StarBurn core does not deallocate memory after burn, only after Burner object is destroyed. So if you don't see memory returned after burn - it's normal. If you don't see memory returned after device object destroyed - it's a bug. If you don't see memory returned after application closed - it cannot happen :)

4) You've posed to the wrong forum. This is *NOT* SDK forum. StarBurn != StarBurn SDK. This is what leaded to the initial confusion :) I've moved the whole thread to the SDK section if you don't mind...

paappa wrote:
"Setting Virtual Memory" means setting the system cache ie, we taking from MyComputer's property. In an earlier post u said that "StarBurn allocates default 160 MB for cache buffer" , so if i set cache buffer to zero , is it affect in future.

The second thing is, we had developed an exe using starburn and it onlu uses for creatingdata disc's and is working properly with DVD and CD,s ( both writable and re-writable) . In it i checked and get only DVD and CD,s (DVD with single layer) through function which get the type of disc inserted. Now i want to write Dual Layer DVD also , so i think , i need to avoid that checking and which can allow all type of disc's. Or any additional coding is needed ???

Hope u get me now ??????????

if not please dont get angry to me .................????? :cry: :cry: