#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Used DVD Decrypt, burned movie to harddrive, no image,blank
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:21 am 

Hello,
I have many dvd's and wanted to burn two or three favorites to my harddrive to take with me to school for when I have a couple hours between classes, I could watch one.
I have tried to burn one using the dvd decrypt but when its finished, there is no image, just a black screen, you can see a menu of some sort has been created on the right side of the windows media, but nothing plays, no image, no sound, again just a black screen.
The starport virtual drive opens it nicely with the windows media. (wonderful feature I must say... the starport virtual drive). And, the burned image is an iso.
I dont quite know what I have done wrong and thought perhaps I might get an answer here.
Thank you kindly for your time and/or help.

Post subject: Re: Used DVD Decrypt, burned movie to harddrive, no image,bl
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:03 am 

Do you mean you mount a movie with the StarPort and software DVD player on your PC show garbage instead of the real movie content?

bumblebee wrote:
Hello,
I have many dvd's and wanted to burn two or three favorites to my harddrive to take with me to school for when I have a couple hours between classes, I could watch one.
I have tried to burn one using the dvd decrypt but when its finished, there is no image, just a black screen, you can see a menu of some sort has been created on the right side of the windows media, but nothing plays, no image, no sound, again just a black screen.
The starport virtual drive opens it nicely with the windows media. (wonderful feature I must say... the starport virtual drive). And, the burned image is an iso.
I dont quite know what I have done wrong and thought perhaps I might get an answer here.

Post subject: Re: Used DVD Decrypt, burned movie to harddrive, no image,bl
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:14 pm 

aaron (staff) wrote:
Do you mean you mount a movie with the StarPort and software DVD player on your PC show garbage instead of the real movie content?

Yes, I burned an .iso of one of my movies with starburn, using the dvd decrypt. Then, I guess its called "mount", I mounted the burned .iso using the starport and I have no image, no sound, just a blank screen instead of the real movie content.

I appreciate that you replied to my question.
Thank you.

bumblebee wrote:
Hello,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like we've failed to decode the movie (crack the protection). I'll ask Andrew to get more details from you in private if t you don't mind :) Thanks!