#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: vcd playable on any dvd player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:16 am 

hello everyone at rocket division.
i downloaded StarBurnShark 9.5 from giveawayoftheday.com on january 6th, 2008.
Now the problem is when i burn a cd using the vcd burning wizard of StarBurnShark 9.5, all i get is a data cd, which is not playable by my lg dvd player. I have also tried different procedures like burning the avi and mpeg formats but my dvd player just cant recognise the burnt cd. it just says no disc when i enter the burnt cd into it.
so, i request you to kindly tell me the procedure to make a cd (through starburn shark) that is playable in any dvd player. also i want to know that which movie format is ideal to make a vcd.
it will be better if you reply to my mail address.
waiting for your reply.
thanks .

Post subject: Re: vcd playable on any dvd player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:04 am 

For VCD you need to point Video Burner wizard to the valid MPEG file. If you'd point it to something else you'll have trashed disc (as we don't verify MPEG stream for validness for now).

ahmed_imran wrote:
hello everyone at rocket division.
i downloaded StarBurnShark 9.5 from giveawayoftheday.com on january 6th, 2008.
Now the problem is when i burn a cd using the vcd burning wizard of StarBurnShark 9.5, all i get is a data cd, which is not playable by my lg dvd player. I have also tried different procedures like burning the avi and mpeg formats but my dvd player just cant recognise the burnt cd. it just says no disc when i enter the burnt cd into it.
so, i request you to kindly tell me the procedure to make a cd (through starburn shark) that is playable in any dvd player. also i want to know that which movie format is ideal to make a vcd.
it will be better if you reply to my mail address.
waiting for your reply.
thanks .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:10 pm 

thanks aaron for your reply.
I tried making a vcd with mpeg format. the result is same.......it won't play on my dvd player. Please please tell me the full procedure. I am a amateur and don't know much about encoding bitrate etc.
So it will be very kind on your part if you tell me the full procedure about making a playable cd from a video on my pc. I have a video converter installed so, file format is not an issue.
Thank you.
Waiting for your reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:12 pm 

Does your PC play resulting VCD? Can we have a sample file (small one of course) you're passing to StarBurn to create VCD?

ahmed_imran wrote:
thanks aaron for your reply.
I tried making a vcd with mpeg format. the result is same.......it won't play on my dvd player. Please please tell me the full procedure. I am a amateur and don't know much about encoding bitrate etc.
So it will be very kind on your part if you tell me the full procedure about making a playable cd from a video on my pc. I have a video converter installed so, file format is not an issue.
Thank you.
Waiting for your reply.