is there anyone can provide me any help OR any sample for Visual Basic :?:
-kmanig

Post subject: Re: any sample for VB ?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:35 am 

kmanig wrote:
is there anyone can provide me any help OR any sample for Visual Basic :?:
-kmanig

there should be no problem at all!
have you ever declared a Win API-function, that is not provided by VB?
if you don't like doing it manually, there are tools, that take a complete C-header-file and build a complete VB-file with all typedefs, structs and declares.
Beware ov VB-Strings (Variants) - you have to deal with fixed strings (e.g. char * 80) instead.

with this in mind, you should easely be able to "migrate" C-samples to VB.

Best Wishes
Spin

Post subject: VB-Sample
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:54 am 

btw, I think, that when I'm finished with my current project (SnapIt!), also StarBurn-SDK will be in a final state, and it will be a great pleasure for me, to build an Active-X from this SDK. Even if I don't like (and don't use) such things, I know, that this is an easy way to integrate such complex things in 4GL's like VB, Delphi and even use in client-side J- and VB-scripts or in web services...

I know, that people at RocketDivision know that, too, but they are to busy, to build such things. Anyway, I did this (C/C++-API => COM-Object) more than once, and it's really easy when using ATL. The only fact is, that it's harder to change an existing interface...so I will wait until StarBurn API is in a widely stable state without to much changes in its interface (DVD-Support etc.)

Another great benefit:
Such an ActiveX acts more like an application, because it doesn't have to deal with all those things, that are done by StarBurn-SDK. So it's much more funny to integrate special functions like "Enable Autorun", "Disable Screen-safer" or even "CDDB-Support"...

And naturally, because the people at RocketDivision let me use their great SDK for nothing, this ActiveX will be Freeware and may be downloadable from this site...

Best wishes
Spin

Post subject: Re: VB-Sample
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Accepted. To make your ActiveX development more interesting I can officailly offer you a shared business. You'll write down ActiveX component for us and you'll have the rights to resell StarBurn ActiveX version SDK from your own site and keep 40% of the income. Does it sound good to you? Let me know either here or (preferred) by e-mail. Thanks :)

SpinDoctor wrote:
btw, I think, that when I'm finished with my current project (SnapIt!), also StarBurn-SDK will be in a final state, and it will be a great pleasure for me, to build an Active-X from this SDK. Even if I don't like (and don't use) such things, I know, that this is an easy way to integrate such complex things in 4GL's like VB, Delphi and even use in client-side J- and VB-scripts or in web services...

I know, that people at RocketDivision know that, too, but they are to busy, to build such things. Anyway, I did this (C/C++-API => COM-Object) more than once, and it's really easy when using ATL. The only fact is, that it's harder to change an existing interface...so I will wait until StarBurn API is in a widely stable state without to much changes in its interface (DVD-Support etc.)

Another great benefit:
Such an ActiveX acts more like an application, because it doesn't have to deal with all those things, that are done by StarBurn-SDK. So it's much more funny to integrate special functions like "Enable Autorun", "Disable Screen-safer" or even "CDDB-Support"...

And naturally, because the people at RocketDivision let me use their great SDK for nothing, this ActiveX will be Freeware and may be downloadable from this site...

Best wishes
Spin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:44 pm 

anton (staff) wrote:
Accepted. To make your ActiveX development more interesting I can officailly offer you a shared business. You'll write down ActiveX component for us and you'll have the rights to resell StarBurn ActiveX version SDK from your own site and keep 40% of the income. Does it sound good to you? Let me know either here or (preferred) by e-mail. Thanks :)

Yes, it sounds interesting...anyway, please check your email (cooldev.com) :-)

Spin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

I've replied you personally. Sorry for delay it seems to be a busy weekend :)

SpinDoctor wrote:
anton (staff) wrote:

Yes, it sounds interesting...anyway, please check your email (cooldev.com) :-)

Spin