#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Verify written data
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:01 am 
Hello,

How to verify the written data using StarBurn SDK? I want to verify the disc that has been really written the right data after finish burning. But when i use the method 'StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_GetTOCInformation' to read the TOC information before eject the disc, it alway return an erron message, but it is okay when after eject the disc. Thanks you very much.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Verify written data
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:12 am 
Site Admin

Until you don't eject the disc drive keeps "cached" information about medium. That's why you just need to do "eject-load" sequence (either programmatically - not recommended as some morbid devices like to fail load commands) or asking user assitance with "please load the disc after eject" message box. After the disc is loaded please use TOC information to get disc layout and just use StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_ReadRange(...) or _Read10(...) code to get "cooked' data to compare with original image you're recording (true or virtual "in-memory" one - just don't forget to call ->SeekToBegin(...) on it before verification as marker would be on the end position after recording). That's all...

David wrote:
Hello,

How to verify the written data using StarBurn SDK? I want to verify the disc that has been really written the right data after finish burning. But when i use the method 'StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_GetTOCInformation' to read the TOC information before eject the disc, it alway return an erron message, but it is okay when after eject the disc. Thanks you very much.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:55 am 
Thank you very much

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:35 am 
Hi Anton,

Can you please provide more detail on how to do it ? CdvdBurnerGrabber_ReadRange(...) and _Read10(...) are not documented in the help file. A sample would help :D

Thanks,
Chris

anton (staff) wrote:
Until you don't eject the disc drive keeps "cached" information about medium. That's why you just need to do "eject-load" sequence (either programmatically - not recommended as some morbid devices like to fail load commands) or asking user assitance with "please load the disc after eject" message box. After the disc is loaded please use TOC information to get disc layout and just use StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_ReadRange(...) or _Read10(...) code to get "cooked' data to compare with original image you're recording (true or virtual "in-memory" one - just don't forget to call ->SeekToBegin(...) on it before verification as marker would be on the end position after recording). That's all...

David wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

Threre's a sample for GrabRange. And first I'd like to know how you're expecting to do comparation process - grab track content and compare it to the file on the disk (using whole image CRC verification or whatever) or compare readen track content with in-memory image content?

Chris wrote:
Hi Anton,

Can you please provide more detail on how to do it ? CdvdBurnerGrabber_ReadRange(...) and _Read10(...) are not documented in the help file. A sample would help :D

Thanks,
Chris

anton (staff) wrote:

David wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:37 pm 
Hi Anton,

I need the fastest way to do the verification, so I am guessing comparing to in-memory image content would be fastest ?

Chris

anton (staff) wrote:
Threre's a sample for GrabRange. And first I'd like to know how you're expecting to do comparation process - grab track content and compare it to the file on the disk (using whole image CRC verification or whatever) or compare readen track content with in-memory image content?

Chris wrote:
Hi Anton,

Thanks,
Chris

anton (staff) wrote:

David wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

I think - yes. It would be the fastest way.

Chris wrote:
Hi Anton,

I need the fastest way to do the verification, so I am guessing comparing to in-memory image content would be fastest ?

Chris

anton (staff) wrote:

Chris wrote:
Hi Anton,

Thanks,
Chris

anton (staff) wrote:

David wrote:
Hello,

Thanks