#1 Burning Software

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Getting Supported Speed List
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:53 pm 
Hi there,

What is the best way to get a full list of supported write speed(also take CD disc into account)?

Do I repeat StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_SetSpeeds blindly in a loop untill error is returned?

Post subject: Re: Getting Supported Speed List
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Not exactly... You should apply such a code:

1) Set slowest possible speed. Say 1X.

2) Get current speed to determine REAL slowest speed. Let's assume it would be 10X.

3) Set fastest possible speed. Say 60X (or wildcard of 0xFFFF).

4) Get current speed to determine REAL fastest speed. Let's assume it would be 32X.

5) Show all of the speeds in this range. It would be: 10X, 12X, 16X, 20X, 24X and 32X.

That's all :-)

Layman wrote:
Hi there,

What is the best way to get a full list of supported write speed(also take CD disc into account)?

Do I repeat StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_SetSpeeds blindly in a loop untill error is returned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:46 pm 
> 5) Show all of the speeds in this range. It would be: 10X, 12X, 16X, 20X, 24X and 32X.

Thanks. But I still think there is possibility that some speed may not be supported on some type of writers. According to your experience, is it necessary to set and test each speed with setspeeds and getspeeds?

Also, just to make sure, can I have a full list of known(standard) write speeds that are supported by StarBurn? Like 40X, 48X etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

You're 100% correct - it's possible. Unfortunately there's no way to do anything with this.

Yes, please see CDVD_SPEED_IN_KBPS_XXX constants in StarBurn.h (DVD spleeds in 1385 KBps increments would be added to the next release, it would be avaiable in a few days).

Anonymous wrote:
> 5) Show all of the speeds in this range. It would be: 10X, 12X, 16X, 20X, 24X and 32X.

Thanks. But I still think there is possibility that some speed may not be supported on some type of writers. According to your experience, is it necessary to set and test each speed with setspeeds and getspeeds?

Also, just to make sure, can I have a full list of known(standard) write speeds that are supported by StarBurn? Like 40X, 48X etc.