#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: suggestion about log system
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:19 am 
many customers of our product have difficulty to use debugview to receive
log information sent by the starburn. and it is too complex. the customers have to do a lot of work, so that only a few customers are willing to do these. as you know ,when a problem occurs in the process of burning, we have to send the customers another special version to acquire log information, and the customer have to run it again and damage another dvd-r disc to store log information. I think log file is a good option,when the starburn is running the log information is stored to the hard disc. when encounter a problem, we just let the customer send the log file to us,it is very convenient.

Post subject: Re: suggestion about log system
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:48 am 
Site Admin

StarBurn SDK has alternative logging system implemented ages ago. You just do not use it.

In subdirectory called \Reg there are 3 .reg files. You need to change DebugFileName in StarBurn.reg (log file name) and DebugFacility in the same file. 0 means "debug output" (always enabled for DEBUG builds), 1 means "debug output + log file" and 2 means "debug output + log file + system console".

Change the values (or alter them in your personal application GUI) and gather the logs in the form working for you in the best way.

Let me know if you'll need more details.

chfg0071 wrote:
many customers of our product have difficulty to use debugview to receive
log information sent by the starburn. and it is too complex. the customers have to do a lot of work, so that only a few customers are willing to do these. as you know ,when a problem occurs in the process of burning, we have to send the customers another special version to acquire log information, and the customer have to run it again and damage another dvd-r disc to store log information. I think log file is a good option,when the starburn is running the log information is stored to the hard disc. when encounter a problem, we just let the customer send the log file to us,it is very convenient.

Post subject: no log in v4.7 and 4.9
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:47 pm 
I run reg file and your sample exe in v4.7 and 4.9 did not get any log file.

Post subject: Re: no log in v4.7 and 4.9
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Did you update numeric values? Did you use debug build?

thomas young wrote:
I run reg file and your sample exe in v4.7 and 4.9 did not get any log file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:41 am 
I have updated numeric values to 1,I runned static build of your sample and my project,no log file was created.I want log file in release build because I can not release a debug version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:50 am 
Site Admin

The only difference between StarBurn DEBUG and RELEASE builds are log system. DEBUG builds have it and RELEASE builds have it turned off (removed). Libraries are the same (release ones, no debugging symbols or extra RTL). So feel free to ship DEBUG StarBurn core with your app. As quite a lot of our customers do.

thomas young wrote:
I have updated numeric values to 1,I runned static build of your sample and my project,no log file was created.I want log file in release build because I can not release a debug version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:59 am 
thanks ,I will have a try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:05 am 
Site Admin

Nothing for! Let me know if you'll have other questions.

thomas young wrote:
thanks ,I will have a try