#1 Burning Software

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ERASE_TYPE_BLANK_DISC_FAST
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:08 am 

I have some problems by using starburn SDK. firstly, burn bd iso to BD-RE failed, I think the reason may be I forgot formatting disc, so I add formatting operation, but StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_BluRayFormat function always failed when I format BD-RE disc by 0 as formatProfileNumber.

If I always erase disc using StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_Blank by ERASE_TYPE_BLANK_DISC_FULL, the burning will be successful. But it's sometimes failed by ERASE_TYPE_BLANK_DISC_FAST. The disc formatted by ImgBurn tool was burned failed too by ERASE_TYPE_BLANK_DISC_FAST.

I attached the log file.

please help !

Attachments:
File comment: file
debug_log_burn_info (2).7z [55.32 KiB]
Downloaded 2158 times

Post subject: Re: ERASE_TYPE_BLANK_DISC_FAST
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:29 pm 

Alexander (staff) will analyze logs and answer you tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:12 am 

In first about erasing. Your log doesn't contain information about unsuccessful erasing :( All erasing operations was completed with status "success".
Also about BD formatting - not all profiles are applicable for disc, we always performs disc formatting during full erasing, but we enumerate all profiles and select a really applicable before call formatting routine. Using inapplicable profiles may cause formatting failure or decreasing read/write speeds.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:22 am 

thank you for your answer, how can I know which profile is really applicable for the BD-RE disc ? The formatting operation always be failed when I use the first profile, but the second one will be successful. so if one profile is successful, it is applicable ?
Sometimes, I don't know my disc whether formatted successful or not. Can one disc be formatted sevel times ? If formatted failed, can I format it again ?

I use FAST mode to erase my BD-RE disc, it's finish very soon, but the disc inforamtion is still there, such as volume label, used size info. Is it normal ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:59 am 

Quote:
Can one disc be formatted sevel times ?
- yes
Quote:
If formatted failed, can I format it again ?
- yes
Note: you don't need to call StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_BluRayFormat before first writing on disc, we check disk before writing and format it with applicable format if need.

Quote:
I use FAST mode to erase my BD-RE disc, it's finish very soon, but the disc inforamtion is still there, such as volume label, used size info. Is it normal ?
- I'll perform tests and review code today and answer tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:17 am 

Hello. Its me again. . After I burn BD-RE disc using your software and play it in my player, when I fastforward the video I just burned it will freeze. I have 3 blu ray plyers and its the same thing in each player. I also have another software and when I burn the same file in that program its fine. Is this common with your software? I checked the videos (videos before I burned them)and they play fine. My blu ray players are my computer, PS3 and a sony. I never had this problem with my other software. Is this unique to your software and do you have a fix for it? Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:41 am 

Please try next sequence.

1. Perform full erasing
2. Write video files and test on your BD Players
( Note: don't call StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_BluRayFormat between steps 2 and 1)

when bug still here please do same with new ( never used ) BD-RE

Tell me about results.
Regards, Alex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:43 am 

alexander, it's fine burned by your advice. If I use full erasing mode, all is fine, but if I don't use it for new BD-RE, some disc is fine and some is not fine, especially for bigger than 25G bluray iso.
The full erasing must be needed for new BD-RE disc when first using ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:50 am 

thanks to alieen, by your test, there may be a bug in our software, I will try to fix it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:20 am 

Quote:
Hello. Its me again. . After I burn BD-RE disc using your software and play it in my player, when I fastforward the video I just burned it will freeze. I have 3 blu ray plyers and its the same thing in each player. I also have another software and when I burn the same file in that program its fine. Is this common with your software? I checked the videos (videos before I burned them)and they play fine. My blu ray players are my computer, PS3 and a sony. I never had this problem with my other software. Is this unique to your software and do you have a fix for it? Thank you for your time.

hello, alieen, can you give me a complete burn demo with checking drive, checking disc, erasing and burning ? I don't know what issue is in our software, my burn codes come from the V15.3 starburn SDK demo, C language libcmt version, such as TrackAtOnceFromFile project, Blank project.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:10 am 

Please see our C++ (GUI) DataBurner sample

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:24 am 

ok, thank you, I will compare the demo and my codes, and follow the demo to retry. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

Do you have any updates with a newer build of StarWind SDK?