#1 Burning Software

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pre Sales question. Pls answer it urgently.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 am 

Hi,

I have a few pre sales question regarding StarBurn SDK. So pls answer the following questions

1) Can you explain the differences between < ... > burner and the burner apps developed with StarBurn SDK ?

2) Why would someone opt for CD/DVD Burning app developed with StarBurn SDK when < ... > is given away free with the CD/DVD/Blue ray writer Drive ? Not to mention the cracked versions of < ... > can easily downloaded from the net

Eagerly waiting to hear from you

Regards
Manu

Post subject: Re: Pre Sales question. Pls answer it urgently.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

1) B/c software you mention requires paid version of the package being installed on every customer machine. So disclosured API is free indeed, but a) there's no paid of free support (like with Microsoft IMAPI) so you're on your own with your problems and b) you need ~50$ run-time license per every machine. So it's not an option for anybody actually...

2) If you consider using cracked version of the software inside your apps I'd suggest you to start learning prison terminology now. As you're going to end your days in jail definitely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:03 pm 

Hi,

No never ever iam gonna use a cracked version nor i suggest my clients to use a pirated one. But iam from India and here there are a lot of cracked and free versions of < ... > and other burning software that just floods the market.

So, in that scenario how will i convince my clients to purchase my MyDiscBurner app that is developed with StarBurn SDK ?

I have a pretty good customer base for my video playout solution here in my place and more than half of them use < ... > (original version they got along with their DVD writer not the cracked version). Infact there are a lot of burning requirements with them but they are counting on < ... > for all these.

In this case is there any point should i make to them that would be convincing for my client to migrate to a Burner app thats develeped with StarBurn SDK ?

BTW: What is the point in giving away the StarBurn App(Stanalone app) free of cost ?
Does it directly compete with your StarBurn SDK client's Burning App ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

This is technical support forum for StarBurn SDK. So I don't think I want to discuss any questions about "how to sell software in India" here.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]