#1 Burning Software

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Drive and Disc information updations
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:53 am 

Hello Dima Sir,

1) I have some drive & disc information update problem.
2) I want to discuss all my problems by showing you one sample. Can I give you one VB.NET sample and discuss my problems with the help of it. It will help to discuss problem.
3) Will you please kindly look into my sample. I am attaching my sample for this. Will you please kindly look into it?

You can try out my sample. In that after inserting/ejecting different types discs(CDs/DVDs) sometimes
a) Write mode combo is disabled [In the case when disc is ejected from drive, but it should report all 4 write modes]
b) Read/Write speeds are disabled
c) Wrong Read/Write values are reported

All these errors can be simulated in my sample. Even these samples are solved as I called refresh in any of this case.

One more thing MaxReadSpeeds & MaxWriteSpeeds (Both are ReadOnly values in DriveInfo class) comes wrong you can see it in sample.
I will be glad if you will go through it. Thank you very much.

Attachments:
File comment: My sample Code
SampleUpdateInformation.rar [245.71 KiB]
Downloaded 785 times
File comment: Referencing my next problem explained in point 'b'
Wrong Read & Write Speeds.jpg
Wrong Read & Write Speeds.jpg [ 21.43 KiB | Viewed 11547 times ]
File comment: Referencing my problem explained in point 'a'
Problem with Write Mode.jpg
Problem with Write Mode.jpg [ 20.72 KiB | Viewed 11525 times ]

Post subject: Re: Drive and Disc information updations
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:27 am 

Hello Dima Sir,

1) The logic used in sample is newly developed.
2) Before this after getting disc change events I was directly refreshing starBurn, but sometimes when a disc is inserted which takes a long time to detect in the drive. StarBurn's refresh was failing & was giving Drive_Disconnected error.
3) Even refreshed information was also incomplete. So hence I have this sample which used IO.DriveInfo.IsReady, So I can pause calling refresh until disc is fully detected to drive.

Am I clear? Correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you, Sir.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

W/o the disc inserted write speeds and read speeds don't make any sense. Drive is either going to report maximum supported speeds or some bogus values if firmware is broken (quite often case BTW).

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:24 am 

Hello Sir,
1) Will you please kindly go through my sample. (I am referring SDK samples only, but as I was facing problems & had to do auto-refresh I had to create my own sample with some different logic. [That logic is delaying call to refresh function of starBurnX nothing else.])

In this post Anton Sir you replied me as,
W/o the disc inserted write speeds and read speeds don't make any sense. Drive is either going to report maximum supported speeds or some bogus values if firmware is broken (quite often case BTW).

It is going to give me bogus values OK. But read speeds, write speeds & write modes are given as not supported or 0. It's not OK.
To add to that, if after some time I am calling drive.DriveInfo.Refresh then it gives me proper values. At least it should not report write speeds & write modes not supported in that case.

2) Dima Sir replied to my following question
"One more major problem I found for various disc+drive combinations. Even the problem is simulated for this disc also.
The problem is diveInfo.MaxReadSpeed & driveInfo.MaxWriteSpeed is reported as lowest supported read & write speeds.
In this case 5 different supported speed values are there.(16x, 12x,.., 2x) But MaxReadSpeed is reported as lowest (2x, 2770 Kbps).
Is there any problem?"

As following
"The real value of speed is depends on the speed supported by media disc!!! So if your media disc reported max speed as 2x this speed will be max allowed speed!!"

OK. I got what you are saying. But Sir reported maximum speeds are wrong as per the attchment.
There are 2 read speeds 48x & 6x but maximum reported is 6x which is default speed value for drive.DriveInfo.ReadSpeed().

Attachments:
DriveInfo.jpg
DriveInfo.jpg [ 22.02 KiB | Viewed 11406 times ]
StarBurnX.rar [2.54 KiB]
Downloaded 753 times

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:03 am 
Site Admin

We return what drive returns to you. And there's no speed get/set in the log you've attached.