#1 Burning Software

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: ImageGrabber Problem
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm 

Hello,

This feature is planned in the next update of StarBurnX.

Sorry for possible inconvenience!

Regards,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 am 

Quote:
if Grabber.IgnoreBadBlocks = False we try ( 3 times ) to read each of encountered bad logical blocks.
Eventually we throw the STARBURN_ERR_UNRECOVERABLE_BAD_BLOCK exception if the logical block was not read successfully!!

- if Grabber.IgnoreBadBlocks = TRUE we don't try to re-read the bad logical block.

Hello Dima Sir,
Above is the part of our discussion in this topic.

With reference to it, I want to discuss following:
1) I am getting STARBURN_ERR_UNRECOVERABLE_BAD_BLOCK exception for most of my Video DVDs [not protected] which I want to make backup but for almost most of the DVDs reading fails after 88%.
2) So I want to ask you that is it possible to skip reading the logical block which has error & immediately read next logical block without throwing error. Because after getting the above discussed exception read process stops and even partly created image also deleted.
3) As a result image creation aborted and I am not able to do anything with these Video DVDs [not protected].

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:21 am 
Site Admin

You can do both ways. But please provide logs fron ripping your DVDs with bad blocks. I suspect it's either non-disabled CSS or Sony bad-block based protection system.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:11 pm 

Hello,

Use the IgnoreBadBlocks property of Grabber object!!! :)

Regards,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:23 am 

First of all Thank you Sir.

1) I am already using IgnoreBadBlocks property of Grabber object.
After all the testing with various disc+drive combinations I faced problems like when I am setting IgnoreBadBlocks to True then if for a normal (non-protected)disc has bad sector then image creation contiunes forever & never ends.
2) So I have decided not use that option. Even today also I tried to use it, behaviour is same & it stopped at 14% for 2-3 hours.
3) For all these kinds of discs, if I am settings IgnoreBadBlocks to False then grabber tries 3 times to recover the bad block then throws excpetion as Unrecoverable Bad Sector & stops image creation.
4) I want to just ask you following 2 questions:
i) Whether image creation of these kinds of disc is possible? [Both questions are for normal unprotected discs. I don't want to mess with CSS stuff.]
ii) Whether we can create an image by skipping some unreadable part which can be rewritten back to DVD again?

5) One more major problem I found for various disc+drive combinations. Even the problem is simulated for this disc also.
The problem is diveInfo.MaxReadSpeed & driveInfo.MaxWriteSpeed is reported as lowest supported read & write speeds.
In this case 5 different supported speed values are there.(16x, 12x,.., 2x) But MaxReadSpeed is reported as lowest (2x, 2770 Kbps).
Is there any problem?

Thank you Sir.

Attachments:
StarBurnX.rar [6.08 KiB]
Downloaded 779 times

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 am 
Site Admin

ASC/ASCQ 11/05 l-ec uncorrectable error

Looks like it's ARccOS...

P.S. You don't check for CSS protection either so you're not going to rip protected DVD in any case.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:30 am 

Hello Anton Sir,
Thank you for reply.

1) Protection System:
Actually in V10 & V10.5 of StarBurnX, Protection System property for discInfo was not available. It is newly added in V12.
After some basic checks, now I am about re-work to included all these newly added features in V12 like DVDProtectionSystem, DVDRegionMask.
2) As suggested now in your post, I will first check for Protection System if it is present I will skip image creation. Thank you.

Question I:
3) Related to above post & log, the disc I am using for image creation is not protected. (neither CSS nor CPPM nor ARccOS)
4) But yes there is bad sector on this Video DVD, becuase of which I am not able to play it on DVD player/PC. Even I cannot back-it up on blank DVD. :(

Question II:
5) Now I have second question,
How to detect a DVD has ARccOS protection. I am not having any DVD of that type, so cannot tell what happens in V12 StarBurnX, but this type of protection system is not listed in DVD_PROTECTION_TYPE enum, so I wonder how I am going to deal with that. :oops:

Question III:
6) And my last question is what about the following question which I asked you in last post.
"One more major problem I found for various disc+drive combinations. Even the problem is simulated for this disc also.
The problem is diveInfo.MaxReadSpeed & driveInfo.MaxWriteSpeed is reported as lowest supported read & write speeds.
In this case 5 different supported speed values are there.(16x, 12x,.., 2x) But MaxReadSpeed is reported as lowest (2x, 2770 Kbps).
Is there any problem?" :(
NOTE: I can see through StarBurnX log MaxReadSpeed is properly reported as 22160 KBps. But don't know why I am getting that as 2770 Kbps.

Attachments:
File comment: Log from Nero Infotool for my Question I: suggesting that DVD has no protection and playable in all regions.
InfoTool.rar [401 Bytes]
Downloaded 769 times

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:10 am 

Hello,

6) The real value of speed is depends on the speed supported by media disc!!! So if your media disc reported max speed as 2x this speed will be max allowed speed!!

Regards,

Dmitry

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:44 am 

Hello Dima Sir,

How to detect a DVD has SONY ARccOS protection (it is widely used now-a-days)?
This type of protection system is not listed in DVD_PROTECTION_TYPE enum.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

You cannot do it with StarBurn SDK. Google for "ARccOS Real Networks Rocket Division" to find out why.

= thread closed =

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3